Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC vs Strikeforce???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the Fedor signing and the obvious bad blood that Dana has for anybody who is poised to be competition to his show, where does this fight go.

I couldn't help but think that the whole Nick Diaz debacle is a result of Dana offering Nick big money to screw this card over, more than I can believe his fears of failing a drug test because of Marijuana.

I would not put any plot by Dana in his quest to hurt SF chances of success. Strikeforce is banking on the first Fedor fight to bankroll them (especially after this PPV is bound to tank). With that said, when the Fedor date is set I see Dana taking action in a big way. SF will need a huge payday from the Fedor fight, so how does Dana hurt SF, he gives Brock away for free. I can see it happening now, the Fedor PPV will go up against a free Brock fight in Spike TV. The last Spike free main event brought in 6 Million views. Put Brock on free TV, and you will see a 10 million viewing, which leaves what for a Fedor PPV? There won't be many willing to shell out the $50 PPV when a major fight card for free is matched up against it, especially the mainstream fans.

Yes, the die hard fight purist may still watch Fedor and tivo the UFC event, but the UFC is not banking on that crowd anyhow.

Should be a fun few months. This is exciting to the outsider. This is relieving the glory days of the WWE/WCW Monday night wars all over again.....
I AM looking forward to the Carano-Cyborg fight Saturday night. By far the most hyped match in SF's history, I can remember.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I AM looking forward to the Carano-Cyborg fight Saturday night. By far the most hyped match in SF's history, I can remember.

Love the Av and Sig:Thumbs:
I don't think that Dana White will care at all. He's pulling in all kinds money from these PPVs and WEC events.

Strikeforce won't ever get to big. Viewings will go up with Fedor in the cage now, but it won't even touch UFCs ratings.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't think that Dana White will care at all. He's pulling in all kinds money from these PPVs and WEC events.

Strikeforce won't ever get to big. Viewings will go up with Fedor in the cage now, but it won't even touch UFCs ratings.

What??? Dana hates them, and has said as much in his most recent comments about the fighters and the organization. Dan is a Vindictive SOB!

Cage Writer got in contact with Dana White who is currently half way around the world to react to the news that Fedor signed with Strikeforce. The results Dana being Dana,

"I'm in Abu Dhabi right now and my reaction is Fedor is a [expletive] joke," White told Cagewriter responding to a Monday interview request on ESPNRadio1100. "[He] turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies, for no money. Fedor is [expletive].
http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/0...ndex.shtml

"They have no money, no fighters," White stated. "They're a small-town show.

"[Strikeforce middleweight champion] Cung Le hasn't defended the title since like 1997," White continued. "[Strikeforce lightweight champion] Josh Thomson hasn't defended the belt in like two years. Who's their other champion? [Strikeforce heavyweight champion] Alistair Overeem? He hasn't defended the belt in like two years. It's Strike-Farce. It's a little regional show with no one in it."

And nobody thinks Dana White will not do whatever he can to upset Strikeforces applecart???? Not a chance, this is Vince McMahon all over again......
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuy2oNDO9LU"][/YOUTUBE]Dana's comments about Fedor

Only thing Dana White was upset with was the fact that Fedor turned down a $30 million dollar contract offer from UFC to agree to a contract with Strikeforce. I'm sure Dana could care less from there on.

UFC still has 90% of the best MMA fighters in the world under contract and they do an exceptional job at promoting everything they do. UFC is worth much more money than any other MMA fighting organization and Dana White knows that.

Everyone would like to see a Brock/Fedor showdown, including Dana White. But we all know thats probably never going to take place now that Fedor and his M-1 Global have reached an agreement with Strikeforce.
^ good post, but I don't buy that Dana won't go after SF with a vengence. Listen to Dana's comment at the 4:00 mark of the you-tube interview, and tell me that he won't bury them?
Stardust Wrote:^ good post, but I don't buy that Dana won't go after SF with a vengence. Listen to Dana's comment at the 4:00 mark of the you-tube interview, and tell me that he won't bury them?

Of course, that's the way of the world. When you have competition don't you want to get rid of that competition? I'm sure Dana will probably put Strikeforce under just as he did Affliction, Pride, etc. by offering their fighters more money than Strikeforce. Problem is, Fedor is a part owner of M-1 Global. Therefore, Dana White will not allow another organization to come in and try to partner up with UFC. I don't blame him either.

Dana White doesn't care about Strikeforce though, but he will do what he can slowly to drive them in the ground.

I'm a big-time Fedor fan, but all this is getting ridiculous and we all need to move on before UFC/Strikeforce turns into WWE/TNA with all this drama.

The possibility of Brock Lesnar inking a 1-fight deal with Strikeforce is more possible than Fedor fighting in the UFC IMO.