Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Star Jodie Meeks Coming to Eastern Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK Star Jodie Meeks Coming to Eastern Kentucky

Pikeville, KY - University of Kentucky standout Jodie Meeks is set to do autograph sessions August 15th at Wal-Mart in Pikeville, Kentucky from 11 am to 1 pm, Knott County Sportsplex in Soft Shell, Kentucky from 2 pm to 4pm, and at Pikeville High School in Pikeville, Kentucky from 6pm to 8pm. Meeks set the single game UK scoring record last year with 54 points against the Tennessee Volunteers in Knoxville and was recently drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association.

Meeks set the single game scoring record on January 13 at the University of Tennessee and led the Wildcats to a 90-72 victory. That night saw the Norcross, Georgia native hit a school record 10 three-pointers. He broke the record formerly held by Dan Issel of 53 points set against Ole Miss.

The 6 – 4 Meeks left the University of Kentucky early to enter the NBA draft. He was selected in the second round by the Milwaukee Bucks He recently completed the NBA Summer League where he averaged over 16 points per game.

Meeks began his career at the University of Kentucky by earning freshman all-America honors. He averaged 22.1 points per game and led the team in free throw shooting as its first sub off the bench. His sophomore year was lost largely to injury, but he still managed to average 8.8 points per game. He lost 20 games of the season to a variety of injuries including a hip flexor strain and a stress fracture of the pelvis area.

According to Kentucky BCI Basketball’s David Clevenger, “Getting Jodie to come to Eastern Kentucky is a great thing for our local basketball fans. He will sign autographs for the two-hour period at each location. Admission won’t be charged for the events, but those that attend the event will be expected to purchase memorabilia to secure an autograph.”

Wal-Mart is located at 254 Cassidy Blvd in Pikeville, Kentucky. The Knott County Sportsplex is located 450 Kenny Champion Loop in Soft Shell, Kentucky. Pikeville High School is located 120 Championship Drive in Pikeville, Kentucky.

“The autograph signing is one of a number of special basketball events that Kentucky BCI Basketball is committed to bringing to the region,” said Clevenger. “Events like these show our commitment to the youth basketball market and give local families a chance to create life-time memories.”

These events are sponsored by Wal-Mart of Pikeville, Total Pharmacy Care of Pikeville, Potter Medical Clinic of Lackey and Kentucky BCI Basketball.

For more information, please contact David Clevenger at Kentucky BCI Basketball (606-631-4555), [email]kentuckybcibasketball@msn.com[/email] or visit us on the web at http://www.kentuckybcibasketball.com
Just learned that Meeks will also be in Paintsville at Brown's Auto from 2 to 4 p.m. signing autographs.
^date?
Down and Out Wrote:Just learned that Meeks will also be in Paintsville at Brown's Auto from 2 to 4 p.m. signing autographs.

Date?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Date?

Today just went and met him, cheapest you can get out of there with is $20 for a sig. I think it'll be that way at all of his stops as it is organized by the KIBC or whatever. He's at Brown's Ford for another hour, 4-6.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Today just went and met him, cheapest you can get out of there with is $20 for a sig. I think it'll be that way at all of his stops as it is organized by the KIBC or whatever. He's at Brown's Ford for another hour, 4-6.

lol thanks for the head sup..............:ChairHit:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:lol thanks for the head sup..............:ChairHit:

I didn't know until 3 today, heard it on the radio. I knew that guy had posted it, but I hadn't heard otherwise. Sorry. He was a really nice guy, ran people through like cattle though. Oh well got my infamous UK ball signed for $20.
I have posted my one on one interview with Jodie Meeks on our WYMT Sports blogs site. You can view it here.

http://www.wkyt.com/blogs/boxscores/53265727.html
thanks rock..great interview, and love your twitter page.