Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC 101 Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Official Results:

Penn defeated Kenflor by Submission
Silva defeated Griffin by TKO
Hendricks defeated Amir by TKO
Almeida defeated Grove by Decision
Pellegrino defeated Neer by Decision

Anderson Silva's TKO of Forrest Griffin was downright embarrassing.

I cannot even believe I picked Forrest to win that fight.
If there was money to be made on that, I would have easily went with Anderson Silva. But I am the biggest Forrest fan on earth, and my heart says go with him. But like I said, lay money on the table, and I come to my senses, lol..the whole ppv was a big joke. Im glad I didnt pay 45 bucks for this garbage. Thanks to everybody for the streams though...
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Anderson Silva's TKO of Forrest Griffin was downright embarrassing.

I cannot even believe I picked Forrest to win that fight.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:If there was money to be made on that, I would have easily went with Anderson Silva. But I am the biggest Forrest fan on earth, and my heart says go with him. But like I said, lay money on the table, and I come to my senses, lol..the whole ppv was a big joke. Im glad I didnt pay 45 bucks for this garbage. Thanks to everybody for the streams though...

I enjoyed tonights fights.

I'm also a big Forrest Griffin fan and I had a feelin' that he would win, but I should have known better.

NEVER pick against Anderson Silva!
Same as the last too, Im a Forrest fan too. Im just shocked by the way he looked in this one. I thought for sure he would look way better than he did. Congrats to Anderson, hes never lost in the UFC and a record 10 wins in a row.
I want to see Silva/St. Pierre.
I would too..I wanna see Silva and anybody that would drive a steak through his heart. I hate that guy.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I want to see Silva/St. Pierre.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I want to see Silva/St. Pierre.

Same here, it's the only fight that intrigues me for either one
Fedor and Brock doesn't interest me nearly as much as GSP and Silva. I'm a huge GSP fan, but I really do think there's LHW's he could beat.
Silva would tear GSP apart IMO.

Although I'm sure he'd give Silva a better fight than Griffin did.
From what I heard, Anderson toyed with Griffin. Which is funny. The only thing Griffin is better than Anderson at is strength. Why would anyone even bet Griffin would have a chance in this fight? Anderson is hands down, the best fighter in the world. The only trouble he would have would be in the heavyweight division. Which he would probably do good at.
MVP2 Wrote:Same as the last too, Im a Forrest fan too. Im just shocked by the way he looked in this one. I thought for sure he would look way better than he did. Congrats to Anderson, hes never lost in the UFC and a record 10 wins in a row.

That's what Anderson does, he makes great fighters look like amateurs. Him and Penn are on another level.
RF81 Wrote:That's what Anderson does, he makes great fighters look like amateurs. Him and Penn are on another level.

Penn is going to get cleaned when he faces GSP
Anderson Silva is a man agaisnt infants.

Silva vs. GSP may happen but I have heard Silva is wanting to retire so he can have a boxing match with Roy Jones jr.
devilhorns05 Wrote:Anderson Silva is a man agaisnt infants.

Silva vs. GSP may happen but I have heard Silva is wanting to retire so he can have a boxing match with Roy Jones jr.

He still has I believe 6 fights on his contract before he can retire.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:From what I heard, Anderson toyed with Griffin. Which is funny. The only thing Griffin is better than Anderson at is strength. Why would anyone even bet Griffin would have a chance in this fight? Anderson is hands down, the best fighter in the world. The only trouble he would have would be in the heavyweight division. Which he would probably do good at.

Andersen put his hands out one time and gave the "come get some" gesture.
Only way we would ever see a GSP/Silva fight is if Silva decides to drop down to the 165 weight class. GSP said recently when asked if he would bump up a weight class that he only walks around at 170lbs and he is a small Welter Weight fighter.

BJ Penn is a **** good fighter, but has anyone noticed how easy he gets gassed in his fights? No way he would survive against GSP.
Heres an idea...Put him in the octagon with Brock, Fedor, Rampage, GSP, Randy Couture and BJ Penn, let him go ahead and destroy all six of them, and get that guy the **** out of the UFC.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He still has I believe 6 fights on his contract before he can retire.
IMO, GSP dont want anything to do with fighting Anderson Silva, or thats the impression I got after he beat Alves...he was making too many excuses. I dont blame him though.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Only way we would ever see a GSP/Silva fight is if Silva decides to drop down to the 165 weight class. GSP said recently when asked if he would bump up a weight class that he only walks around at 170lbs and he is a small Welter Weight fighter.

BJ Penn is a **** good fighter, but has anyone noticed how easy he gets gassed in his fights? No way he would survive against GSP.
Let face it here people, there is very little chance that Anderson and GSP will ever fight. Anderson just move up a class and put down a solid title contender in Griffin. Anderson walkes around at about 210 to 215 lbs. GSP is lucky to walk around at 180. That is a huge huge huge advantage for Anderson. With his size and skills, he would put GSP in with the same bunch of people he has already taken behind the woodsheed and spanked. This is coming from one of the biggest GSP fans out there, but I dont want GSP going in there thinking he could win. Everyone else who has said and thought that, look at what has happened to them.
Silva and Penn aren't on another level. Silva and GSP are. and Penn's right below.

GSP is strong, and as good of a wrestler as anyone in the UFC. He can punch, he can kick. I would not, for a second, count him out against anyone in middleweight, welterweight, or lightweight. Anyone.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Silva and Penn aren't on another level. Silva and GSP are. and Penn's right below.

GSP is strong, and as good of a wrestler as anyone in the UFC. He can punch, he can kick. I would not, for a second, count him out against anyone in middleweight, welterweight, or lightweight. Anyone.

:Thumbs: agreed.
Anderson Silva in my opinion is the best MMA fighter ever!!!

Silva vs. Rampage would be a huge money maker but like I said before Silva has 6 fights left and that was a coulpe fights ago so its less than that now.
RF81 Wrote:That's what Anderson does, he makes great fighters look like amateurs. Him and Penn are on another level.

Penn will lose the 155 belt to Diego Sanchez.
Silva is one of if not the best UFC fighter.