Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Heat Still Interested In Iverson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Report: Riley still interested in Iverson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story...NHeadlines

Any thoughts where former MVP and four-time scoring champion Allen Iverson is going to end up?
Good, I don't have to worry about the Heat being any good any more
Stardust Wrote:Good, I don't have to worry about the Heat being any good any more

He plans on coming off the bench, riley already stated that chalmers is his starting pg, you being a Cleveland fan i would worry about the celtics Smile and maybe the magic,
I think it is a bad fit. Wade dominates the ball, as he should, and Iverson wants the ball too much. Iverson has never been a team player and this would not help the Heat in my opinion. He killed the Pistons and he would do the same to the Heat.
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:I think it is a bad fit. Wade dominates the ball, as he should, and Iverson wants the ball too much. Iverson has never been a team player and this would not help the Heat in my opinion. He killed the Pistons and he would do the same to the Heat.

The pistons killed themselves after larry brown left and ben wallace left, they went from a defensive team and it ruined them, theyt probally would of had 2-3 rings if brown would have stayed and wallace would have signed an extension. they was done before iverson got there,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The pistons killed themselves after larry brown left and ben wallace left, they went from a defensive team and it ruined them, theyt probally would of had 2-3 rings if brown would have stayed and wallace would have signed an extension. they was done before iverson got there,

They were 59-23 the year before, and 3-0 at the beginning of the season when they sent Billups to Denver for AI. So, it hardly looks like there were ruined.

Enter AI, the team promptly goes 0-3 with him for their first 3 games and went 23-24 in the rest of the games that AI played in for the season, the worst recod for the Pistons since 2002 was what they got for AI.

The Pistons were still playoff teams after the conclusion of the 2004 season when Brown left, and certainly appeared to be on their way to the playoffs again this past year had they still had Billups.