Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Yankees 13 - Boston 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yankees Finally going to take down the sox, so how good are the yankees, or was this a 1 game wondeR?
It is legit. They have the second best record since the All Star break and with Hughes coming out of the bullpen have strengthened the most glaring weakness. I think NY will win at least three of the four games in this series.
This is definitely not a 1 game wonder. The Yankees have been playing great lately.
Another big win for NY last night on A-Rod's walk off home run. Yankees are putting it all together at the right time of the year.
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:Another big win for NY last night on A-Rod's walk off home run. Yankees are putting it all together at the right time of the year.

I know maybe if more of the red sox was on roids they could have hit the walk off win
Yankees are the Greatest!!!!
The fact that both of them has cheaters on there team makes me sick to my stomach, the biggest cheater of all hit the game winning walk off run.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The fact that both of them has cheaters on there team makes me sick to my stomach, the biggest cheater of all hit the game winning walk off run.

Barry Bonds DID NOT have that hit last night! Get your facts straight!
Stardust Wrote:Barry Bonds DID NOT have that hit last night! Get your facts straight!

i despise bonds as well anybody that cheats to gain an advantage in there sport should be suspended for a season or more with tests every 2 weeks, its crazy that they get nothing done to them but a few games suspension, its unfair and bullsh**, if jeter would have hit that home run last night i would have been happy for the yankees, but the fact that A-rod hit the homerun makes it nothing to me,
Yankees are legit. They now have the best record in the majors and they're playing great baseball right now.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:i despise bonds as well anybody that cheats to gain an advantage in there sport should be suspended for a season or more with tests every 2 weeks, its crazy that they get nothing done to them but a few games suspension, its unfair and bullsh**, if jeter would have hit that home run last night i would have been happy for the yankees, but the fact that A-rod hit the homerun makes it nothing to me,

Considering last night was A-Rod's 20th hr of the season and his first in 70 some off at bats, your argument is very weak.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Yankees are legit. They now have the best record in the majors and they're playing great baseball right now.

kywldcat01 Wrote:Considering last night was A-Rod's 20th hr of the season and his first in 70 some off at bats, your argument is very weak.

Dead-on my friend
kywldcat01 Wrote:Yankees are legit. They now have the best record in the majors and they're playing great baseball right now.

Yes they are and there very good

kywldcat01 Wrote:Considering last night was A-Rod's 20th hr of the season and his first in 70 some off at bats, your argument is very weak.

OK, So the fact that he cheated before is no problem with anybody? Wow this is just telling people to cheat and in 2 years noone will care and you can hit as many home runs as you want, I know hes having a slump,. MAYBE YOUR SEEEING THE REAL A-ROD WITHOUT HIS ROIDS? HE CHEATED, anybody that cheats in there sport is worthless to there sport, they have cheated there fellow players, and there fans,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yes they are and there very good

OK, So the fact that he cheated before is no problem with anybody? Wow this is just telling people to cheat and in 2 years noone will care and you can hit as many home runs as you want, HE CHEATED, anybody that cheats in there sport is worthless to there sport, they have cheated there fellow players, and there fans,

So who can you say did not cheat, and then PROVE IT! Be careful, because it's assumed that 80%+ were users, and every month a new player who SWORE they never touched the stuff is exposed. So who didn't use????? And then prove to me that they didn't!
Stardust Wrote:So who can you say did not cheat, and then PROVE IT! Be careful, because it's assumed that 80%+ were users, and every month a new player who SWORE they never touched the stuff is exposed. So who didn't use????? And then prove to me that they didn't!

I dont need to prove to you the players who didnt use steroids when we have a list of players who clearly did, we cant ignore players like Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa, Rafael Palmeirom Alex Rodriguez, Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz and to act as if they didn't do anything wrong while piling up some of the most impressive numbers in baseball history.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I dont need to prove to you the players who didnt use steroids when we have a list of players who clearly did, we cant ignore players like Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa, Rafael Palmeirom Alex Rodriguez, Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz and to act as if they didn't do anything wrong while piling up some of the most impressive numbers in baseball history.

There is only a list of 100 players who tested possitive, not all players were tested. When the players say that the league was 80%+ users, then sounds to me like any of them could be guilty!

What kind of stiumlant should be allowed before we take records away? Steroids? Why, just because the kept guys health and gave them more strength than could be gain normally? What about the Amphetimines and cocaine era from the late 50's through the 80's (which coincently transitioned into the Steroids era). Should we take away the stats from what is believed to be 99% of the players who used illegal drugs in order to play? Should we just ignor the fact that these guys like Mantal, Musial, Gibson, Rose, Bench, Schmidt, all were admitted users of amphetimines because their bodies were so broke down they could never have played had they not used uppers just to get themselves on the field.

And what did they use prior to the 50's, Paregoric. Paregoric was what the carpetbaggers of the late 1800's and early 1900's sold out of there suitcases. Who was a user of Paregoric, Babe Ruth, he said it was the only thing that could get him going after a bad hangover. What is in Paregoric, Opium, or what we refer to as Cocaine. Even the great, and what we assumed totally clean Lou Gherig used Papregoric at the early stages of his desease. So, should we make a big deal about the cocaine users that helped keep guys healthy and on the field (Not just baseball players, but football and basketball as well) to break all those records.

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone the use of illegal drugs, but don't make this about the so called steorid era. Every era had some form of controversy to help one guy be better than another. Everyone looks at Steroids as being the only evil that should be looked at as cheating the game. Un-uh, had these guys not had some form of artificial stimulant, the entire history of sports would probably look different to all of us!