Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tonsilectomy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had one? I may have to have one. :omg: I have to see what my other doc says in 2 weeks.
Cats Fan had one and he said it didn't bother him at all... my doctor was wanting me to but i never did lol
Been there done that for me. I got tonsils and adnoids sp? taken out.

BallaBaby

I always told my doctor no when he told me I needed mine taken out..lol
I've never had to have one...
Well my snoring is so bad lol that I may not have another choice. My ear, nose, & throat doc said that they were foul and infection was oozing out of them...gross huh? haha. My general practitioner said that tonsils & adnoids are included in the tonsilectomy. Shew I've been to the doc a million times this year.

Oh yeah, and I have mild sleep apnea, not sure what the next steps are...have to wait until I see my ENT again on the 28th.
The older you get the harder this surgery is on you. If its 100% for sure that they'll have to come out then you better do it now before you get any older.
can we not use big words like that 'T' word in the title please.....
Lmao
Smile haha
Well I haven't had it done but some friends have, it didn't bother them and you get to eat lots of icecream.

Anything to calm that **** snoring down Cali.
shew...snoring is the worst!!! :mad:
When I was younger. Its not too bad except your have drink soup for a few days.
I had one done in August, i am 30 and let me tell ya.. when they say the older ya get, the harder it is.. well thats VERY much true..
But I can tell you, that since having it done I am the healthiest i have been in my whole life.. I had always been sick, mostly ALL winter long, and everyone around me has had the flu this year, and I havent * knock on wood Wink *.. good luck to you !!
Hope everything goes okay if you have to have one...
Glad to hear that you are doing better Red, and best of luck to you Cali if you have to have this procedure done.
I had one when I was a freshman, Had my andoids removed, and a air way redone so I could breath easier, I had sleep apnia to, I used to always be sick year round but after this, I can breath easy and not get as sick. \

I was in bed afterwards mostly becuase of my air way having to be redone, but the worst of it was my throat was real sore adn the doctor made me eat a hamburger after about 2 weeks of me eating jello and soup. Somehting about it stretchign out my throat mucles.
Well hell I guess im the only one that had problems with mine...I also had tonsils taken out tubes put in my ears and my adnoids taken out and I coudlnt talk for 2 weeks, i was in 4th grade, and i would just write stuff down on paper so it sucked BUT CALI I KNOW you will be ok so im not trying to scare ya out of it or nething
lol. well my snoring is a major, major problem. it's way out of hand.
thetribe Wrote:Glad to hear that you are doing better Red, and best of luck to you Cali if you have to have this procedure done.

TY.. Its like a 2 month healing process , but much better in the long run
football05 Wrote:Well hell I guess im the only one that had problems with mine...I also had tonsils taken out tubes put in my ears and my adnoids taken out and I coudlnt talk for 2 weeks, i was in 4th grade, and i would just write stuff down on paper so it sucked BUT CALI I KNOW you will be ok so im not trying to scare ya out of it or nething
ohh i wasnt sayin that i didnt have problems, i just wanna scare her lol
well ok correction i just DIDNT wanna scare her.. sorry typo