Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tamron Manning- Scott County Future Star Player Spotlight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out the interview with Tamron Manning who will be a sophomore at Scott Co. He logged some significant minutes for the Cards last season as a freshman. I expect him to step it up this season and avg double figures. They will be loaded.

http://kentuckyhighschoolpreps.blogspot....nning.html
Thanks for posting the link Q.

I should have something up with Guyn, Beckham, and Barksdale over the next week or so as well.
pretty nice article
I watched a few of Scott County's games this season via WazooSports.com, and was really impressed with how athletic and fundamentally sound Manning was.

I also recall Billy Hicks saying in an interview that Manning will end up being the best player he will have ever coached.
"significant minutes" may be an understatement. Manning had significant minutes as an 8th grader. He was a full time starter as a freshmant. This is going to shock some people but I believe Manning may move into the point guard position this season and Jackson may play the 2, 3, or 4 position. Good article.
rojas Wrote:"significant minutes" may be an understatement. Manning had significant minutes as an 8th grader. He was a full time starter as a freshmant. This is going to shock some people but I believe Manning may move into the point guard position this season and Jackson may play the 2, 3, or 4 position. Good article.

What position did Manning start at last year?
He played the 3 in a 3 guard offense. I look for SC to start 4 guards this year with Jackson spending some time down low.
rojas Wrote:"significant minutes" may be an understatement. Manning had significant minutes as an 8th grader. He was a full time starter as a freshmant. This is going to shock some people but I believe Manning may move into the point guard position this season and Jackson may play the 2, 3, or 4 position. Good article.

Had the pleasure to watch this young man play several games. He is the real deal. Glad to see him get some press.

Manning wasn't a full time starter his freshman year, but he did play a lot and eventually earned his way in to a starting role. Ford started I believe the first month or so and then Manning started the rest of the way.

Either way, Tamron is a great kid both on and off the court. He is going to be a player over the next few years. I had the opportunity to see him against Holmes at BOKC this past season and man, that kid is smooth. He plays fearless.
Yes and he has a compliment in the same class in Isiah Ivey, another slick guard who can light it up. The Cardinals have some very nice young talent moving up the ranks and will be a force over the next several years.
qryche11 Wrote:Yes and he has a compliment in the same class in Isiah Ivey, another slick guard who can light it up. The Cardinals have some very nice young talent moving up the ranks and will be a force over the next several years.

Ivey is my "sleeper" for that class.

Everyone knows about Dorsey (J'town), Beckham (Lexcath), and Manning (SC), but Ivey isn't far behind those guys. That kid is a player too.