Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rivals.com top 10 prospects in KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you in the Fugate/Simpson discussion, Fugate is ranked one spot above Simpson.

1. Tim Patterson - Louisville Central
2. Quan Weaver - Frankfort
3. Channing Fugate - Breathitt County
4. Miles Simpson - Simon Kenton
5. Stephan Robinson - Louisville Central
6. Austin Collinsworth - Highlands
7. Malcom McDuffen - Christian County
8. Harris Bivin - Apollo
9. Tate Nichols - Ryle
10. Tyrrell Willis - Calloway County

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp...&Year=2010
Wow three NKy kids in the top ten has got to be the most we've had in forever.
Not familiar with players 7-9, but looks like an accurate assumption.
I'm surprised that Logan Johnson isn't already on that list. Big Grin
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Not familiar with players 7-9, but looks like an accurate assumption.

Take Nichols is a 6-8 240 lb TE for Ryle. He'll likely be an OT at the next level.

McDuffen of Christian Co is a stud as well. He's been getting a lot of D1 looks.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:For those of you in the Fugate/Simpson discussion, Fugate is ranked one spot above Simpson.

1. Tim Patterson - Louisville Central
2. Quan Weaver - Frankfort
3. Channing Fugate - Breathitt County
4. Miles Simpson - Simon Kenton
5. Stephan Robinson - Louisville Central
6. Austin Collinsworth - Highlands
7. Malcom McDuffen - Christian County
8. Harris Bivin - Apollo
9. Tate Nichols - Ryle
10. Tyrrell Willis - Calloway County

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp...&Year=2010

I've already lost confidence in it! :biggrin:
nkysportsblog Wrote:Wow three NKy kids in the top ten has got to be the most we've had in forever.

:Thumbs: Any some think football in NKY is only HHS and Beechwood
I'd personally consider Collinsworth the best prospect in the state because of his ability to be a big time player on both offense and defense, as well as his playmaking ability on special teams. The kid never comes off the field.
Where you guys think Patterson will go? I got a chance to see him play basketball at the State tourney last year. Hes a pretty good athlete. Hes got offers from Ky,Purdue,UL, Cincy, Ark, and Indiana
MVP2 Wrote:Where you guys think Patterson will go? I got a chance to see him play basketball at the next tourney last year. Hes a pretty good athlete. Hes got offers from Ky,Purdue,UL, Cincy, Ark, and Indiana

UK or UL at this moment. But, it sounds like he has some academic work to get done first.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'd personally consider Collinsworth the best prospect in the state because of his ability to be a big time player on both offense and defense, as well as his playmaking ability on special teams. The kid never comes off the field.

What hurts Collinsworth is the fact it is so hard to project his position at the next level. The three prominent thoughts are WR, CB, and S.
Collinsworth will be labeled as an Athlete by recruiting sites. With his size, he would make an outstanding CB, or maybe a FS or SS.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What hurts Collinsworth is the fact it is so hard to project his position at the next level. The three prominent thoughts are WR, CB, and S.

Agreed, more so than a RB at the D1 level
Surprised this thread didn't get any more Fugate/Simpson debate going.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Surprised this thread didn't get any more Fugate/Simpson debate going.

Put Fugate in the title of this thread and it would have already surpassed 1K hits.

lol
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Put Fugate in the title of this thread and it would have already surpassed 1K hits.

lol

:biggrin:
Logan hasn't even played one down as a starter. He is far from what is on the list. He is capable of doing good, but give him time.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Put Fugate in the title of this thread and it would have already surpassed 1K hits.

lol

ya think, but I won't dan't make another post about there being any "Homers" out there, I got myself a few PM's about that, so I best be careful.

Nah, that's not me - there's the Homers out there that can't see anything but Channing. The sad thing is, Channing is great, but, there are other great one's out there as well. One being Miles Simpson.......:1:
All these players on the list are outstanding players. Of course the locals that are around the kids and may know the kids will get on here and be "homers," to whomever they know or whatever. No doubt that everyone on here knows someones cousins, mother, sisters, ect. All these kids have a chance to go to great colleges and get their schooling pad for. As for "homers" there will always some of them who think their player is god, but o well, just turn the other cheek and go on.
Stardust Wrote:ya think, but I won't dan't make another post about there being any "Homers" out there, I got myself a few PM's about that, so I best be careful.

Nah, that's not me - there's the Homers out there that can't see anything but Channing. The sad thing is, Channing is great, but, there are other great one's out there as well. One being Miles Simpson.......:1:

Supposedly someone knows "who I am" so I better avoid any "homer" mentioning.:biggrin:
collinsworth dosent even deserve be on the list, the only reason he is on this list is because of his dad, i know several athletes that could put them weight room stats from eastern kentucky!
RedSeal Wrote:collinsworth dosent even deserve be on the list, the only reason he is on this list is because of his dad, i know several athletes that could put them weight room stats from eastern kentucky!

It's comments like this that show both ignorance and a lack of football knowledge. You obviously haven't seen the kid play. If he wasn't good as advertised, he wouldn't have all of the offers that he has. The kid is a player and has EARNED everything he's worked for. His father has nothing to do with how he performs on the field.

Also, what does his weight room stats have to do with how he performs on the field?
RedSeal Wrote:collinsworth dosent even deserve be on the list, the only reason he is on this list is because of his dad, i know several athletes that could put them weight room stats from eastern kentucky!

lol, you should not talk about something that you are not qualified to talk about. :lmao:
Mr. Football ...
Posted by RyanErnst at 8/7/2009 12:42 PM EDT on Cincinnati.com

The voting for this award is only like four months away, so let's start handicapping.

The biggest question, locally at least, is if the award will return to Northern Kentucky for the first time since Jared Lorenzen won it in 1998.

Does Simon Kenton standout Miles Simpson have the talent to win it? You bet. Will he put up the numbers to win it? Probably. Will the Pioneers allow him the exposure to win it? Probably not. Last year Simon Kenton made an unbelievable run to the finals and Simpson impressed the downstate voters. But considering Northern Kentucky's 6A district is matched up with St. Xavier's district in the first three rounds, don't expect SK to make the same kind of run. And don't expect Simpson to get the kind of exposure he needs.

Highlands running back Austin Collinsworth has the type of statewide appeal necessary to win the award. Highlands will play deep into the playoffs. And the two-time all-state performer is already a known commodity. But he probably won't put up mind-blowing numbers and he'll have to share the spotlight, touches and credit with a number of talented teammates. That will hurt him.
Good to see KY football is being recognized for what it is becoming.