Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Invading Iraq a mistake?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Congress knew that there was no WMD's in Iraq would our Congress supported the War?
Dont' be surprised if Congress knew about them. Its a toss up really. At the beginning since we "didnt" know about WMD it might have been okay to invade, but now, since all the infomation is know, its a total mistake, bring our boy's home by god.
There was never really any indication of WMD's ..There are reasons it was good we invaded Iraq, to get Sadam out of power and help their people but it could have also been a mistake because of all the troops we have lost and the reas we said we invaded.
I think at the beginning I was a lot like John Kerry. Of course I believed they had WMD's but then the truth came to light and I wouldn't put up with the lying anymore.
I never believed they had WMD's and never supported the war!
Regardless of the reasons for the war, I think the main goal here has been achieved, and that was to turn Iraq into a democracy. I really don't think that there was another reason. The WMD story was the best way to get approved, and that's what they used. I heard on the radio that they would be having their first election pretty soon. So now that Saddam is gone, and everything seems to be goin along ok, I say bring the boys home
Darn Bush!!!!
Why did you change the poll question? I was expecting the "Was invading Iraq a mistake?" question, but instead I got "If the Congress knew that there was no WMD's in Iraq would they have authorized the war?" question. Two completely different questions...

But yes, they would've still approved because the Congressional majority belongs to the Republicans.
The real motive for invasion of Iraq was oil and the other sub-contracting that would become needed as a result(Haliburton). Big business has gained. The little man has lost. Bring home the troops after the Iraqi vote. Then let them decide their own fate as we did in our Civil War. They don't want us there and we the people do not want to be there. Over 1400 deaths attributed and 10 times that amount injured physically. Plus the tens of thousands troops that will be treated phychologically for Post Tramatic Stress Disorder. We saw it all happen with Vietnam. WE should have learned from history. We never lost a major battle in Vietnam but yet we exited the last minutes from rooftop extraction as Saigon fell. It is impossible to identify the enemy in Iraq as it was in Nam. Friends by day and ENEMY by night. Stop this war... We have been there and done that(Vietnam). Lets not lose another 50,000 of our finest.
Iraq wasnt really posing a harm to us, at this time. I dont believe we should have invaded Iraq. Lets go back to the George Washington idea of government, Isolationism. America needs to stop getting involved with other countries business.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Iraq wasnt really posing a harm to us, at this time. I dont believe we should have invaded Iraq. Lets go back to the George Washington idea of government, Isolationism. America needs to stop getting involved with other countries business.

youknowwhoibe for next U.S President.
The thing is the inspectors told us there were no weapons of mass destruction.. But Bush didnt listen. in my opinion Bush just wanted revenge on saddam because he tried to kill his dad; and his dad didnt take care of him.. so send jr. into office and let him finish were daddy left off... doesnt seem right to me..

but i have to agree with youknowwhoibe, isolationism is the key!!

save lives and money. but if ur gonna worry about national security worry about Osama bin Laden, and North Korea, not Iraq.
:wink:
it was the right thing to do, but a better plan was needed
i dont think it was a mistake those people really needed this.. i think there could have been a better plan though
Just because they needed it doesn't mean we have to right to go take them over. That's like saying you think your neighbor is a bad parent so you go kill him and adopt his kids.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Regardless of the reasons for the war, I think the main goal here has been achieved, and that was to turn Iraq into a democracy. I really don't think that there was another reason. The WMD story was the best way to get approved, and that's what they used. I heard on the radio that they would be having their first election pretty soon. So now that Saddam is gone, and everything seems to be goin along ok, I say bring the boys home
Same here
shew i just dont want any more of us killed it kills me to c parents cry when their 19 yr old has been killed suc ks
What is WMD?...

but i dont think we have enough reason to invade iraq.
lol well we have soooooooooooo lol no reason to say we shouldnt jk i know what u meant i think we should have got better clues b-4 goin
Waste of money, time, and troops. If the Iraq people wanted freedom so bad they would have been fighting for it just like we had to way back when we were being ruled by a Tyrant
I would like to see Iraq under good leadership, and then bring the troops home.
we invaded iraq for the wrong reasons. i think that we did it so george w. would make his daddy proud. like eminem's song "mosh" says let him impress daddy that way. if u watch the movie fahrenheit 9/11 it will make you question everything about george w, the war in iraq, EVERYTHING! i loved the film. check it out and it might provide some answers to your forum here.