Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lamar Odom Staying in Los Angeles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lamar Odom and the Lakers have reached a deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4367213
Good move by the Lakers to make Lamar a priority
Had me really worried.

I'm glad he's staying in LA.
well look for them to win it again!!!! only one to come close is cleveland
I'd say L.A. fans are relieved.
and Cleveland will have to sign Michael Vick and Chuck Norris to beat LA now.
beasy_bo Wrote:well look for them to win it again!!!! only one to come close is cleveland

Are u serious? The celtics was still the second best team in the east in the playoffs, taking the magic to 7 games without Kg, if Kg can come back healthy they will once again be the best in the east and will contend with the lakers come playoff time
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Are u serious? The celtics was still the second best team in the east in the playoffs, taking the magic to 7 games without Kg, if Kg can come back healthy they will once again be the best in the east and will contend with the lakers come playoff time

I think the Celtics are by far the best team in the East...KG will be healthy and don't forget about them getting sheed.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I think the Celtics are by far the best team in the East...KG will be healthy and don't forget about them getting sheed.

Sheed could just as easily hurt the Celtics than improve them. Do they really need a 6-11 guy on the Celtics that perfers the outside than the Paint. KG needs help inside, he doesn't need a guy who loves the outside and throws temper tantrums when he does play inside....
Stardust Wrote:Sheed could just as easily hurt the Celtics than improve them. Do they really need a 6-11 guy on the Celtics that perfers the outside than the Paint. KG needs help inside, he doesn't need a guy who loves the outside and throws temper tantrums when he does play inside....

This Made Me Laugh, Sheed Coming To the celtics may help them it may not, but still even they was the best team in the country with KG,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This Made Me Laugh, Sheed Coming To the celtics may help them it may not, but still even they was the best team in the country with KG,

I just don't know if the Celtics are going to be as good as some may assume. They attempted to trade Rondo & Ray Allen this summer. Plus, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett are a year older, not to mention KG is coming off of an injury. They'll most certainly be in the playoffs, but I do not expect them to be the favorites in the east.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This Made Me Laugh, Sheed Coming To the celtics may help them it may not, but still even they was the best team in the country with KG,

LOL :Thumbs:
I Undertsand What your saying though, he really is a beast in the post with his little jump shot over people. he just tends to want to shoot 3s instead of playing strong,
Back on topic...I think the Lakers are clearly the favorites in the West now.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Back on topic...I think the Lakers are clearly the favorites in the West now.

YEs Very True,
^ I'm rather shocked that the Spurs have done nothing in the offseason to make a BIG impact
Great news.

I want a Boston/Lakers rematch.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Great news.

I want a Boston/Lakers rematch.

Yes Would Be Great
This is great for LA. They will make a run for back to back titles.
Keeping Odom was essential for LA and between that and getting Artest, the Lakers are more dangerous than they were last year. San Antonio got a couple of good pickups but still are no match for LA.