Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cliff Lee to the Phillies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great move to get the former Cy Young winner.
So they have Cole Hamels, Jamie Moyer, Pedro Martinez, Joe Blanton, and now Cliff Lee. Not a bad rotation if you ask me.
I enjoyed reading this news. :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I enjoyed reading this news. :biggrin:

I would say. LOL.

Isn't this the 2nd straight year that Cleveland has traded there Cy Young's?
MisterPerfect Wrote:I would say. LOL.

Isn't this the 2nd straight year that Cleveland has traded there Cy Young's?

Sure is.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Sure is.

Why are they trading them?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Why are they trading them?

Because they area near the end of the their contracts. If they don't trade them now (while they are out of contention) they won't get anything when they decide to pack up and leave town for a contender.

Might as well trade them while you can since they're not in contention for a pennant and get some good young talent in return.

By the way, I still like the Dodgers the most in the NL to go to the World Series because I've picked them all year, but this does make the Phills one tough team.
alfus21 Wrote:Because they area near the end of the their contracts. If they don't trade them now (while they are out of contention) they won't get anything when they decide to pack up and leave town for a contender.

Might as well trade them while you can since they're not in contention for a pennant and get some good young talent in return.

By the way, I still like the Dodgers the most in the NL to go to the World Series because I've picked them all year, but this does make the Phills one tough team.

I didn't think of it this way.:Thumbs:
Lee looked awesome again today. Phillies made a great move in getting him, can't have too many good lefties.
Great MOve
Doaln stinks and along with Crapiro has taken the Indians back to the 70's.