Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sydney Moss (Randy's daughter) to Boone County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boone County girls' basketball coach Nell Fookes said today that former Ryle basketball standout Sydney Moss is in the process of transferring to Boone.

"She's been approved by our pupil personnel to come to Boone County and all her papers are in the office," Fookes said.

As of last week, Moss (below) had yet to apply for a waiver from the KHSAA. Without that waiver, the sophomore-to-be would be ineligible for one year. Moss, who quit the Ryle team late last season, averaged 14.2 points and 10.0 rebounds per game as a freshman. Boone County would be her third school in four years. She started her varsity career as a seventh-grader at Heritage Academy before transferring to Ryle prior to her eighth-grade year.

Fookes said she did not know if any paperwork had been filed with the KHSAA yet.

"If she becomes eligible to play basketball at Boone County, she'll go through the same process that everybody goes through," Fookes said. "Everything will be filed and checked. It's pretty strict."

Moss is the daughter of New England Patriots receiver Randy Moss.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...innati.com
She would be a tremendous boost to an already great basketball team.
It's very likely that her family will have to move in order to make this happen for the coming year. However, I don't see Randy not taking every measure possible to get her at Boone Co. He is extremely humble and participates as much as his schedule allows for his children. His son (6th grader I believe) is very talented in many things as well. Randy and the childrens motehr are estranged, but he is around as often as he is not.
I hope it works out the best for her. When you start transferring numerous times it sometimes does not put the family of the child in a positive light. However, she has tremendous potential as I seen her play a couple of years ago on a team from Northern Kentucky as they played in a tournament at the Knott County Sportsplex. Her team lost to a team from Letcher County but she played extremely well.
does anyone know her height or statistics. athletes from Well Known families are definitley a win win situation for any program as well as there region and quite simply brings notice and attention to girls basketball in our state. thats whether she actuallt pans out to be a possible WNBA baller or not. and im sure we all wish her family as well as herself all the very best and welcome them to what we all consider to be the very best location for girls basketball in the Country! god bless and keep all our new friends and old alike.Wink