Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: E-town's Curtis Washington Commits to USC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Elizabethtown's Curtis Washington (6'9) has commited to Southern Cal after his performance in Las Vegas with the Derek Smith All-Stars.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...cP+0ujA%3D
Wow, that was unexpected
Washington had no scholarship offers going into the Vegas tourney and walked out with a USC commitment, wow.

Congrats and good luck to Curtis!
Stardust Wrote:Wow, that was unexpected

I saw him at the State AAU tourney in Lexington. He is big, but somewhat slow. Hope it all works out for him.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Washington had no scholarship offers going into the Vegas tourney and walked out with a USC commitment, wow.

Congrats and good luck to Curtis!

What an incredible story for this young man
Gold Charger Wrote:I saw him at the State AAU tourney in Lexington. He is big, but somewhat slow. Hope it all works out for him.

How would you compare Washington to other big men like Fant, Knipp, Pittman, Zollo, and Behanan?
Wow, nice opportunity for this young man.
Hope all works out well for him and he can represent our state well while he is at USC.
kywldcat01 Wrote:How would you compare Washington to other big men like Fant, Knipp, Pittman, Zollo, and Behanan?

I would put him at the bottom of the list. He does have size over Knipp. I have seen all of these players play, but this is just my opinion. Hard to judge Pitman in this group because of his size.

I would rate them from what I have seen this summer:
Fant
Zollo
Behanan
Pitman
Knipp
Washington

Zollo, Behanan and Washington all have big bodies. Washington needs to work on his foot speed, he is slow.
Gold Charger Wrote:I would put him at the bottom of the list. He does have size over Knipp. I have seen all of these players play, but this is just my opinion. Hard to judge Pitman in this group because of his size.

I would rate them from what I have seen this summer:
Fant
Zollo
Behanan
Pitman
Knipp
Washington

Zollo, Behanan and Washington all have big bodies. Washington needs to work on his foot speed, he is slow.

Just curious but what do you mean by this? Height wise, Pittman is actually bigger than Behanan, Knipp, and Fant. He'll be listed at 6'8 this year but may be a little bigger than that. He played at 6'7 last year and has grown a little since. I also wouldn't put Zollo or Fant ahead of him either. Pittman has a much better shot, handles the ball better, much more athletic, and around the rim is harder to defend because of his explosiveness.

IMO, Behanan is the only big man in the state better than Pittman and scouts who have seen them both will tell you the only thing that separates the two is Chane's strength. I respect your opinion though, so thanks for the breakdown.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Just curious but what do you mean by this? Height wise, Pittman is actually bigger than Behanan, Knipp, and Fant. He'll be listed at 6'8 this year but may be a little bigger than that. He played at 6'7 last year and has grown a little since. I also wouldn't put Zollo or Fant ahead of him either. Pittman has a much better shot, handles the ball better, much more athletic, and around the rim is harder to defend because of his explosiveness.

IMO, Behanan is the only big man in the state better than Pittman and scouts who have seen them both will tell you the only thing that separates the two is Chane's strength. I respect your opinion though, so thanks for the breakdown.

Not talking about height, but body size. I have became a huge Fant fan after watching him this summer. Very athletic and plays in control.He also does all the things you say Pitman can do. As I stated, my opinion. I do think as far as college choice I would choose Zollo, he has the whole package. Great charcter on and off the court. Excells in the classroom, great work ethic and best defender. Good outside shot and can bang down low. He too needs to improve his foot speed. He had a great showing in Vegas. Ky is bless with some great talent.
Gold Charger Wrote:Not talking about height, but body size. I have became a huge Fant fan after watching him this summer. Very athletic and plays in control.He also does all the things you say Pitman can do. As I stated, my opinion. I do think as far as college choice I would choose Zollo, he has the whole package. Great charcter on and off the court. Excells in the classroom, great work ethic and best defender. Good outside shot and can bang down low. He too needs to improve his foot speed. He had a great showing in Vegas. Ky is bless with some great talent.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree about body size. Pittman needs to add a little more weight to his frame. I'd say he's probably 6'8 200 lbs right now.

Hopefully all of the players above will have the opportunity to compete against eachother this coming season. As you said, KY is indeed blessed with some great talent.