Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Football Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know Kentucky gets to start conditioning on the 10 of june what about other states like Virginia, WV, and Ohio?
This is not correct. You can start conditioning on July 10th. not June.
The 1st day of practice in VA is 8/3.
I meant July. So they really get started late.
Yes, you get started late BUT you can workout and do some other things before the dead period. Heck, if you have any self-disclipline you would be working DURING the dead period just not with the coaches. I know kids who have not stopped working out with each other on weights and cardio. That way, when practice DID officially start, they were very able to endure the stress of a full week of 2-a-days!
phs1986 Wrote:Yes, you get started late BUT you can workout and do some other things before the dead period. Heck, if you have any self-disclipline you would be working DURING the dead period just not with the coaches. I know kids who have not stopped working out with each other on weights and cardio. That way, when practice DID officially start, they were very able to endure the stress of a full week of 2-a-days!
Hopefully they did not use the weight room or facilities of the school because that is illegal. Players are not allowed to use the school facilities or equipment during the dead period.
The 1st day of practice is 8/3 in WV, too.

And, yeah, "conditioning" should have started the day school let out.
Conditioning for Football is a year-round committment. December - June 25th is weights, plyo metrics, and cardio. June 25th - July 9th is the D.P. (nothing allowed to be overseen by coaches). July 10th - Aug 1: no pads, just running, lifting, and practice. Aug 1 - Dec is game season. There are only a few weeks off: Christmas Break, Thanksgiving (maybe), and the D.P.

No rest for the wicked, I suppose... ha ha ha
Tenn. started practice today