Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Josh Selby ignites frenzy by reopening recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LAS VEGAS –— More than 1,000 traveling summer basketball teams and hundreds of college coaches are burning up the roads in and around Sin City this week competing in four prestigious AAU tournaments.

There are elite prospects playing in front of the horde of coaches, but through the first three days one player has been the hot topic: Josh Selby, one of the nation's top 10 prospects in the Class of 2010.
Selby, who had been committed to the University of Tennessee for more than a year, re-opened his recruiting process just days before the adidas Super 64 Showcase.
“He's kind of the show of Vegas right now,” Scout.com national analyst Evan Daniels said. “Everybody wants to see him and see what coaches are at his games and just who might get into the mix. A lot of people are intrigued about the whole situation.”
Among those watching Selby and his Baltimore Assault team on Thursday were University of Kentucky coach John Calipari, Florida coach Billy Donovan and Kansas coach Bill Self. Jim Calhoun of Connecticut and Josh Pastner of Memphis were there Wednesday.
Another game drew coaches with a combined nine national titles: Calhoun, Donovan, Self, Duke's Mike Krzyzewski and Maryland's Gary Williams.
University of Louisville assistant coach Steve Masiello has been to several games this week.
“Every school is in the picture, even (NCAA Division II) schools,” Selby said. “It's going to take a long time before I commit again. I am wide open.”
Selby, who picked Tennessee over UofL when he committed, said that after talking to his family and thinking about his decision for the past three months, he felt as if he didn't take enough time to make his decision.
“A lot of these schools wanted to get in before, but I committed too early,” Selby said. “We go together (as a family) and just wanted to see what else was out there. It wasn't anything bad with Tennessee. I wanted to make sure it's a perfect fit.”
Selby's mother, Maeshon Witherspoon, said UK is likely a major player in her son's recruitment.
UK should once again be a major player in recruiting once again. It will definitely be interesting to see how these plays out with this many cooks in the kitchen.
The Sebly family and their relationship with "Worldwide" Wes should play into in UK's favor.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The Sebly family and their relationship with "Worldwide" Wes should play into in UK's favor.

:Thumbs: