Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Floyd 2009-2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what do you all think
Who all do they hav?
They got most of them back but lost some seniors in matt tackett,ray jones,chris gibson,
They will do alright as long as they do their jobs, and not try to do everything. Shannon is a shooter and can drive, also gonna have to help Tommy get some boards. Tommy Joe is an inside player and a great rebounder, see the floor well and can pass. Brandon will have to distribute the ball,(dont favor one player) Dakota is a slasher who can hit the 3 ball, he is gonna be one of the ones that i think can set a tone, not by his gameplay but by his hustle. I think him and Brandon will be the first two on the floor after a losse ball and thats what they need if they want to be competative. As for Paige he juss needs to stronger, had a decent little jumpshot, but he relies on it to much, go to the goal. Needs to grab more boards. Matt was a big loss, And Chris and Ray pushed them in practice to make them better, but as i said as long as they know their roles and do them they will be alright.
dakota hall hustles more than anyone in district no matter what the score up by 20 or down by 30 he is always diving for the ball
I never said he didnt all i said was that him and Brandon would have to do that this year to help set the tone.
yeah they will
I look for them to do good in the District, maybe even win it. They should at least have a regional appearance but Im not sure how well they would do outside of the 58th. But this upcoming season and the next I belive they have good chances on winning district.
i agree with that 100% jackfrost
yea when i watch the games i think shannon is a great shooter and dakota andrew and tommy is goin to do their jobs but ever time i have watched brandon gives it to who is open and works for the ball but i think they got a new player coming out any one know who that is
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:They will do alright as long as they do their jobs, and not try to do everything. Shannon is a shooter and can drive, also gonna have to help Tommy get some boards. Tommy Joe is an inside player and a great rebounder, see the floor well and can pass. Brandon will have to distribute the ball,(dont favor one player) Dakota is a slasher who can hit the 3 ball, he is gonna be one of the ones that i think can set a tone, not by his gameplay but by his hustle. I think him and Brandon will be the first two on the floor after a losse ball and thats what they need if they want to be competative. As for Paige he juss needs to stronger, had a decent little jumpshot, but he relies on it to much, go to the goal. Needs to grab more boards. Matt was a big loss, And Chris and Ray pushed them in practice to make them better, but as i said as long as they know their roles and do them they will be alright.

Why dont you use some last names so some of use outside of wheelright/mcdowell/bypro/melvin know who you are talking about.
problem dakota newsome i don't know nothing about him or his states
I believe that as long as Tommy Joe helps rebound and Dakota and Brandon pentrate like they are capable and Shannon keeps his head easily and dont get torn up will be a huge factors in how they will do, and IF Corey Paige rebounds and takes the ball to the goal i believe that will help out SF big. but i agree with JF. they have a good shot this year and next at winning District.
who will be starters
Turner is a top 10 player in region
Does he have any help
Mr Belvedre's uncle Wrote:who will be starters

Dakota Newsome- new kid from Rowan Co.
Brandon Marson
Dakota Hall
Tommy Joe Hall
Shannon Turner

Corey Paige and Andrew Vance off the bench..
Mr Belvedre's uncle Wrote:Turner is a top 10 player in region

Turner is a good player, but not top 10...Not even the best on his team.
Mr Belvedre's uncle Wrote:Does he have any help

I was hoping all this wouldn't get started...Actually I was hoping South Floyd wouldn't even be talked about...But, oh well. Never gonna get back to the winning ways by talking like this.
uhavenoidea Wrote:I was hoping all this wouldn't get started...Actually I was hoping South Floyd wouldn't even be talked about...But, oh well. Never gonna get back to the winning ways by talking like this.
You are right if the players gets on here and reads this then they will think there all that and won't play as a team and won't win but a couple of game
The starters should be
Brandon Marson-Pg
Dakota Hall-Sg
Tommy Joe Hall-Sf
Shannon Turner-Pf
Corey Paige-C
i think the starters should be
pg-andrew vance
sg- dakota hall
sg- shannon turnner
sf- brandon marson
pf- tommy hall
uhavenoidea Wrote:Turner is a good player, but not top 10...Not even the best on his team.

I agree, Turner is a good player but not top 10. Hopefully this team can turn SF around and get them out of the hole they have dug theirselves in the past couple of years.
Hopefully they will have a good year.
they are the 3rd best team in their district, BL lost some seniors but they were loaded with junior and sophomores as it was. Prestonsburg also just reloaded
Is Dakota newsome any good
nikeman1 Wrote:i think the starters should be
pg-andrew vance
sg- dakota hall
sg- shannon turnner
sf- brandon marson
pf- tommy hall

Are the Hall boy's any relation to Tony & Lanny from ALC
LionEagle Wrote:Are the Hall boy's any relation to Tony & Lanny from ALC
No, I know the 2 guys you are talking about and they aren't related.
Amun-Ra Wrote:No, I know the 2 guys you are talking about and they aren't related.

Thanks, I played baseball with them in college
Yea thats who I figured you was talking about. They did have sons who played but both have graduated. Lanny's son graduated in 04' and Tony's in 05'.
Pages: 1 2