Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Severe Weather Hits West Of Kentucky With More Expected For Us
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
27 NEWSFIRST Meteorologist Chris Bailey wants you to keep an eye on the television and your ear on a weather radio Tuesday afternoon. That's because severe weather is moving into our area.
Emergency warning sirens wailed Tuesday morning in southwestern Indiana as a storm system racing through produced at least one funnel cloud just eight days after a deadly tornado hit the area. The National Weather Service issued tornado warnings for Vanderburgh County, which includes Evansville, along with nearby Posey and Gibson counties and White County in Illinois.
Flood warnings also were in effect as more than 6 inches of rain fell in some places in the Ohio River Valley.
The weather service also issued tornado watches for counties in western Kentucky.
http://wymtnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=4121648
well isnt that something, the wind was blowing hard earlier i think we will just get rain out of this nothing more
There's a lot of tornado watches in Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, and other parts of the southeast.. there is reports of damage and reports of tornadoes in indiana and there was also a tornado reported in Madisonville, KY
Yeah, we have a watch here in Fayette Co. Heading right for us, I'll let you all know if it's bad or not.
Hadn't heard about this today.
Last week parts of Pike Co. had a tornado warning.
The meterologist actually mentioned the exact community that I live in for the tornado, nothing major happened though.
I don't think we will get much at all from it...we didn't last time...
I wih those of you in the Lexington area the best!! BP, PHSFAN, and CE
They just upgraded our Tornado watch to a Warning here in Clark County.....The storm sirens are going off all over town....I went outside and the wind is really hard. It hasnt gotten to Lexington yet, but will be there within an hour or so....the storm is almost over Danville and travellling Northeast towards Anderson,Bourbon, Fayette,Madison, & Clark County.

The storm has already killed one person when their trailer rolled over by the wind and caught fire...

You all please say a little paryer for us....
You all are in my prayers, and may God bless and watch over you all.
WSAZ just reported that the storm is just now hitting lexington, and a warning will be issued for Eastern KY.

BallaBaby

I hate storms!
I do too Balla..
I do too....my mom said it was suppose to start storming here in Floyd Co between 2-4... I'm not sure hwat we are suppose to get. I wish everyone the best!
Lawrence co along with carter, and greenup co was just issued a tornado watch.
right now all WYMT is issueing is a severe tunderstorm warning

BallaBaby

DT will be sleeping with her mom tonight..lol
Heck yea I will be...you will be too Balla....we have a tornado watch now until 3....

BallaBaby

No, I'll probably just stay upstairs in my room.
You all can call me or just talk on here if it gets scary lol.. i'm sure i will be up
Well...I'll be in my mom's room...

BallaBaby

I always call you when it storms really bad...lol...it never fails, so expect a call tonight if I get scared.
I'm scared...lol
The worst part went south of Clark County....We got some wind, hail, bad lightening, heavy rain and thunder...Hopefully the storm will weaken before it hits East KY.....
It's been raining really hard here for a while now...
Nothing happened here, nothing to worry about.
Ashland area got some rain but that was it. Everything stayed well south of the area.
We got a tiny bit of rain up here. Nothing special, it was a lot worse Monday night than last night....
Nothing here in Prestonsburg either. All the hype of severe weather and I never even heard the first crack of thunder.
Sounds like a homemade soup kind of night...
We had some hard rain, strong winds, and a lot of lighting here on the northside of Lexington. It was all good though, except my satellite was out for about a hour and the rain put me asleep early. Thanks for the well wishes Beef.