Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Remove "In God we trust" from money????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On CNN this morning, they talked to a man from Texas who filed a lawsuit to get the phrase "In God we trust" removed from our paper and coin currency. He said he was a atheist and it offended him.

My cure for that is, he should just give me all his money.
I think he should be hung. Might as well send him to hell now instead of waiting. Theres no point in him living in my opinion. What is this world coming to when you can't say the pledge of alegance (sp?) in school, can't pray at school, can't post the 10 commandments. Personally I think it's getting rediculous that all of these cold hearted people are convensing our government to remove all of these things. There are more people that believe in God than people who don't and I say if these people don't like it then they can go join the taliban over in Iraq and Afghanistan and get them out of our country.
I think instead of being worried about offending people, we as a country say, if you dont like it, leave it. People are worried about what is correct in everyones eyes that they forget the reason this country was started in the first place. I know we are all immagrants, but sometime soon we are going to have to put our foot down and say this is OUR place, not everyone elses and if it is so bad here, why is everyone trying to get in here to live besides to cause a ripple and change everything that has been going on here for over 200 years.... that is just my opinion, that and a subway token will get ya a free ride if we ever get subways...
He's atheist... He doesn't believe in God.

How can something he doesn't believe in offend him?

I don't believe in ghosts, should I sue because of the decorations at haloween?

I don't believe in the easter bunny, should I sue the stores at easter who have large easter bunny posters or cutouts?

No, and neither should he. He's just trying to get money.
the country was based on Christianity if you take that away you are taking away what the country was founded on
Good post #7.
good post everyone
that guy is an idiot IMO he needs to be sent over seas
that guy is stupid.. maybe he should just quit buying things so he won't have to use money
#7 Wrote:the country was based on Christianity if you take that away you are taking away what the country was founded on

Amen Brother! I bet he won't tell his boss he doesn't want his check.
Reizvoll Wrote:He's atheist... He doesn't believe in God.

How can something he doesn't believe in offend him?

I don't believe in ghosts, should I sue because of the decorations at haloween?

I don't believe in the easter bunny, should I sue the stores at easter who have large easter bunny posters or cutouts?

No, and neither should he. He's just trying to get money.
You dont belive in the Easter bunny??? Nothing in your basket this year... i hope ya know that!!!!!
I think he needs to call me and let me have a talk with him..
Just because you don't believe doesn't mean that you have to be offended by it.
I don't mind God's name being anywhere or people talking about him or anything to the sort as long as they don't try to press religion over on me.
football05 Wrote:good post everyone
that guy is an idiot IMO he needs to be sent over seas

OR............they could just send him to prestonsburg for a day.....:ChairHit: :redboxer: :fight: :Nodding:
That's stupid...
thetribe Wrote:Just because you don't believe doesn't mean that you have to be offended by it.
I don't mind God's name being anywhere or people talking about him or anything to the sort as long as they don't try to press religion over on me.
Exactly tribe!!

What about those of us that want it on there? Arn't there more of those than the ones that don't? Do our feelings not matter?
yeah and they're always saying that people have problems with somethin like the 10 commandments being in a courtroom or "under god" being in the pledge of allegaince b/c it's forcing christianity on them...
but there's nothing wrong with looking over it if you dont believe in it but i wonder if they ever thought of it like this-- by complaining, they are taking away from the rights of the christians...like you all get it? everytime someone like that makes an anti-religion comment its always the christians that get something taken away...

we were talkin bout that at school the other day and it made alot more sense the way we were discussing it then, even though you may not get what im sayin by readin that^...
I know what you are saying.. and I totally agree, this has been my arguement about the situation for forever..
Beef Wrote:Exactly tribe!!

What about those of us that want it on there? Arn't there more of those than the ones that don't? Do our feelings not matter?
I'm a Christian and a Deacon in my Church and believe it or not we are the minority. Sad what this country is comming to. Until we stand up for ourselves and whats right things like this is going to continue to happen.
Maybe they should think about this ..........
hahah.. yeah for real lol.