Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Republicans take a 4-point lead on generic ballot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c...nal_ballot

Who thought the Dems could screw up their power so fast? God bless them! I guess everything wasn't Bush's fault!:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c...nal_ballot

Who thought the Dems could screw up their power so fast? God bless them! I guess everything wasn't Bush's fault!:biggrin:

That's it, get'em stirred will ya'.

:rockon::Clap:
Stardust Wrote:That's it, get'em stirred will ya'.

:rockon::Clap:

:biggrin::popcorn:
As much as I love your alls enthusiasm, we still have 3 1/2 years of this nonsense to go Sad
Where's ole cavemaster at? Smile
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Where's ole cavemaster at? Smile

In his thesaurus right now preparing for his reply :biggrin:

Just funn'n ya' CM :Clap:
jetpilot Wrote:http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c...nal_ballot

:Clap:Good One :Clap:
USA Today Poll Tracker

More people disapprove than approve of Obama on four domestic issues: the economy, taxes, health care and the federal budget deficit. He scores majority approval on handling Iraq, Afghanistan and foreign affairs.

The biggest drop has been on his handling of the economy, down 12 points since February; his disapproval is up 19 points. The most erosion has come not from Republicans or independents but among his own Democrats. Support from conservative and moderate Democrats is down by 18 points. Another group in the party's political base — those earning $20,000 to $50,000 a year — had a drop of 15 percentage points, to 47%.

That could reflect one reason why moderate Democratic senators and the fiscally conservative Blue Dog Democrats in the House are demanding more cost controls in the health care plan before they'll sign on.

"It's important if a president is trying to accomplish some big stuff legislatively," H.W. Brands, a professor at the University of Texas-Austin, says of the approval rating. He was one of several presidential historians who sat down with Obama at a private White House dinner this month. "Members of Congress are somewhat reluctant to tangle with a president who seems to have the backing of the American people."

At 55% overall, Obama's approval rating is a tick below that of George W. Bush at six months.
^ Where are RealVille's numbers now?

Why isn't anyone defending Obama in this thread? Smile

Oh wait, these new numbers are probably from a Conservative news source right? Give me a break.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:^ Where are RealVille's numbers now?

Why isn't anyone defending Obama in this thread? Smile

Oh wait, these new numbers are probably from a Conservative news source right? Give me a break.

You know, it's the Right-Wing news industry that creates this hysteria....
Stardust Wrote:You know, it's the Right-Wing news industry that creates this hysteria....

Hmmmm. :biggrin:
Two years in, the Dems lost the House under Clinton. He rebounded and won re-election. I wouldn't toot the "Taps" horn yet. Historically speaking, poll numbers come and poll numbers go, trending mostly with the economony, surges in patriotism after provocations, and wars with too many casualties for the public's liking. All this flirting you guys are doing is predictable. Nothing new to comment on, really.
thecavemaster Wrote:Two years in, the Dems lost the House under Clinton. He rebounded and won re-election. I wouldn't toot the "Taps" horn yet. Historically speaking, poll numbers come and poll numbers go, trending mostly with the economony, surges in patriotism after provocations, and wars with too many casualties for the public's liking. All this flirting you guys are doing is predictable. Nothing new to comment on, really.

Boy, the Dems sure tooted the negative horn when Bush's poll numbers were down......
Stardust Wrote:Boy, the Dems sure tooted the negative horn when Bush's poll numbers were down......

President Bush had a downturning economy and a "too many casualties" war. I think debating ideas (trickle down economics for instance) is more interesting than attacking the people. However, attacking the people gets better ratings and sells more ads.
thecavemaster Wrote:Two years in, the Dems lost the House under Clinton. He rebounded and won re-election. I wouldn't toot the "Taps" horn yet. Historically speaking, poll numbers come and poll numbers go, trending mostly with the economony, surges in patriotism after provocations, and wars with too many casualties for the public's liking. All this flirting you guys are doing is predictable. Nothing new to comment on, really.

:thatsfunn