Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeff Gordon understands fans reluctance to attend Allstate Brickyard 400
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeff Gordon believes it may take a while to win back fan support at Indianapolis after last year's tire problem in the Allstate 400.

More...
It could be because of the economy. NASCAR is priced out of the working man's budget. I used to have season tickets for 11 races a year. I gave them up one at a time and do not attend any races now. The reasons?
COST
COT-everyone drives the same car
Personalities--Drivers are no longer allowed to have them or be penalized.
Cookie cutter-1 1/2 mile tracks in new markets where NASCAR is/was the next "in" thing. That wore out pretty quick. Calif. Chicago, and Kansas can give away tickets.
Drivers-I can remember going into the pits after a race to get autographs and meet drivers. You can't get near them now unless it is at some promotional event

or it could be that Indy is a crappy place to see a race. I went for the first four, then the novelty wore off. There is not a seat in the place where you can see the majority of the track, and if I have to watch a jumbotron, I'll just watch the TV at home. Wow I got long winded.