Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Josh Selby has de-committed from Tennessee; Source: UK now leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2010 five-star guard, Josh Selby has de-committed from the University of Tennessee and Jeff Goodman reports that UK is now the leader according to his sources.

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=23618
This is unexpected. Sure hope he will come to Kentucky.
Doubt it, he transferred to Will Barton's team. More than likely will end up at Memphis.
Good news to hear today for sure
Word has it that Kentucky is his leader, however, I see him going to Memphis with his cousin..... Will Barton
Why would he put UK on TOP of his list if he is going to Memphis?
Holy-Cal
bigjim4packers Wrote:Holy-Cal

:lmao::lmao::lmao::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Clap:
It could be interesting. I don't understand why UK would be his leader if he was more interested in going to Memphis.
This from Matt Jones of KentuckySportsRadio:

The big news of the weekend of course comes to us at the expense of our Orange brethren as 2010 Top 10 PG Josh Selby decommitted from Tennessee. Selby is one of the best players in America and had a great Lebron James Camp, which led his stock to rise even higher than before. I spoke with his mother this afternoon and she confirmed his decision to decommit. She said however that they were not going to “go through the full process” and that a decision might not come “until the late signing period.” She said that Selby really has no leader at this point and will be making a list but that “Kentucky will definitely be on the list.” The Selby situation is huge for the Cats and this may set up a scenario in which either he or Brandon Knight will be in a “first to commit” scenario for the PG scholarship next year. Oh yeah, and the Tennessee fans aren't happy. Looks like a win-win for the Big Blue.

I don't know, but this looks like pretty good news for Kentucky fans. Smile
Sucks for Vols fans
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This from Matt Jones of KentuckySportsRadio:

The big news of the weekend of course comes to us at the expense of our Orange brethren as 2010 Top 10 PG Josh Selby decommitted from Tennessee. Selby is one of the best players in America and had a great Lebron James Camp, which led his stock to rise even higher than before. I spoke with his mother this afternoon and she confirmed his decision to decommit. She said however that they were not going to “go through the full process” and that a decision might not come “until the late signing period.” She said that Selby really has no leader at this point and will be making a list but that “Kentucky will definitely be on the list.” The Selby situation is huge for the Cats and this may set up a scenario in which either he or Brandon Knight will be in a “first to commit” scenario for the PG scholarship next year. Oh yeah, and the Tennessee fans aren't happy. Looks like a win-win for the Big Blue.

I don't know, but this looks like pretty good news for Kentucky fans. Smile

Oh, this is from Matt Jones - It has to be right!:please:
Are we looking at one year in college and done?
Stardust Wrote:Oh, this is from Matt Jones - It has to be right!:please:

Oh NOOO!!! Stardust doesn't approve of the source, now it can't be true if he don't like it.. Rolleyes
I think we will be on a lot of players list, shoot, we may even get to be a wee bit picky if we have a good season. Will kids that don't get to come to KY be labeled leftovers??? Oh no, I just found out i'm conceited.LOL. I'm BigJim4packers and I approve this message.
bigjim4packers Wrote:I think we will be on a lot of players list, shoot, we may even get to be a wee bit picky if we have a good season. Will kids that don't get to come to KY be labeled leftovers??? Oh no, I just found out i'm conceited.LOL. I'm BigJim4packers and I approve this message.

:thatsfunn:lmao:
Word is that Josh Selby is really close to a commitment with UK according to one of Aaron'sUKBasketballBlog's article links.

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=24367
Wonder when he will announce?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Why would he put UK on TOP of his list if he is going to Memphis?

Why would henry do the same thing and go to Kansas...I mean you never know about this kids....
MisterPerfect Wrote:Are we looking at one year in college and done?

thats probaly most kids coming into ky,lol
well one thing for sure he's not going to tenn!!!!! ha ha....
theVILLE Wrote:Why would henry do the same thing and go to Kansas...I mean you never know about this kids....

Henry never had UK as his only leader. He had Kansas and UK as his final two schools and went to Kansas.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Henry never had UK as his only leader. He had Kansas and UK as his final two schools and went to Kansas.

i second that and it seems like he was leaning towards kansas the whole way after the coaching change.