Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. Practice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering how many players were out?
They have had around 48 to 50 kids with 3-6 that are busy with academic camps. That will be back next week.
That's good numbers for LC.
Is this the turn out they were hoping to get?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Is this the turn out they were hoping to get?
You always want as many as you can get to have a wider range of kids to pick from... With these kids they are able to split things up in practice a little more to give more kids reps.
Batpuff Wrote:They have had around 48 to 50 kids with 3-6 that are busy with academic camps. That will be back next week.

THANKS
Last years kids played very hard and never gave up,and with this year's
schedule look for a few in the win column!
What's the team look like so far?
Any surprises?
With Shepheard out who will be Dawgs quarterback. The 2009 season has to be better than in 2008.
I went to a couple of the practices last week and was inpressed with what I saw . The dawgs looked good they was working hard and looked like they was haveing fun doing it. I also saw a lot of emotions out of them in other words I saw some fire from a lot of the players and thats some I haven't seen in awhile. They have pretty good numbers and pretty good size and I saw a few new faces that has came over to the dawg pound that looks pretty good . The Dawgs are off to camp this week at KCTC I hope they have a fun and a productive week at camp and I would like to wish them good luck in 09 GO DAWGS :Cheerlead
Dawg Family Wrote:I went to a couple of the practices last week and was inpressed with what I saw . The dawgs looked good they was working hard and looked like they was haveing fun doing it. I also saw a lot of emotions out of them in other words I saw some fire from a lot of the players and thats some I haven't seen in awhile. They have pretty good numbers and pretty good size and I saw a few new faces that has came over to the dawg pound that looks pretty good . The Dawgs are off to camp this week at KCTC I hope they have a fun and a productive week at camp and I would like to wish them good luck in 09 GO DAWGS :Cheerlead

Good to hear some news out of the DAWG camp.
Just got back from a week at camp and have to say that this team is physical and isnt afraid to come up and stick there nose in a pile. I was most impressed with several of our freshman and Seniors.... Of course there are several others that stood out but you will just have to come out and watch them.
Batpuff Wrote:Just got back from a week at camp and have to say that this team is physical and isnt afraid to come up and stick there nose in a pile. I was most impressed with several of our freshman and Seniors.... Of course there are several others that stood out but you will just have to come out and watch them.
Thats great I was wondering how things went at camp. When is thier scrimage and where at?
Dawg Family Wrote:Thats great I was wondering how things went at camp. When is thier scrimage and where at?

August 14th at home against Huntington High and P-Burg.

He may try to get it moved to Huntington to save the ware and tear on the field to make sure its ready for the season.
Batpuff Wrote:August 14th at home against Huntington High and P-Burg.

He may try to get it moved to Huntington to save the ware and tear on the field to make sure its ready for the season.
Thanks for the info. I have to work that day so I will count on you to give us the out come. Good Luck Dawgs in 09 it's here and I am glad. GO DAWGS
What'S the latest on their scrimage(place and time)?
[quote=barlow]What'S the latest on their scrimage(place and time)?[/QUOTE

August 14, Friday. At home, 6:00 pm. Huntington High, Johnson Central, Prestonsburg.
THANKS!
I'll be there.
lawrencefan Wrote:[quote=barlow]What'S the latest on their scrimage(place and time)?[/QUOTE

August 14, Friday. At home, 6:00 pm. Huntington High, Johnson Central, Prestonsburg.

Wow this is great news! You talk about an awesome night for football between these four schools. Kudos to Coach Sammons from Lawrence and Coach Derossett from P-burg for getting this together. I look for a huge crowd in Louisa Friday night. Three great fan bases(sorry Huntington High fans I don't know much about you) coming together in one of the best football towns in the entire state. I've always enjoyed watching high school football in Louisa. Man if your a highschool football fan this Friday night will be just what the doctor ordered. I can't wait!
the scrimage has been moved from friday to saturday at huntington highs new turf
Batpuff Wrote:...

I'd imagine there'd be problems getting the Highlanders to travel to Paintsville. Lawrence Co. makes the most sense considering the participants.

If this is run like the 4-way scrimmage at P-burg last year, it's a very entertaining format with each team running plays (equal to about a half of football) against each opponent.

I'm going to do my best to get there. I NEED FOOTBALL !!!

:popcorn:
With the scrimmage moving to Huntington, I'm pretty sure it eliminates my chances of going.

Should be very entertaining though.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:With the scrimmage moving to Huntington, I'm pretty sure it eliminates my chances of going.

Is that a "for sure" on the scrimmage location move ?? (hope not)
oneijoe Wrote:Is that a "for sure" on the scrimmage location move ?? (hope not)
According to this member:

JunkYardDog Wrote:the scrimage has been moved from friday to saturday at huntington highs new turf

I hope that the scrimmage stays at LC or at least comes to JC or Prestonsburg.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:According to this member:

I hope that the scrimmage stays at LC or at least comes to JC or Prestonsburg.

Moved to Saturday at 10 am at Huntington high.... With all the rain we have had and are still getting Coach didnt want to have it on the Game field and tear it up before we even have our first game on it.. Also the practice field is in such bad shape from all the rain and has water standing in places and couldnt have it there so it was best to move it.
Batpuff Wrote:Moved to Saturday at 10 am at Huntington high.... With all the rain we have had and are still getting Coach didnt want to have it on the Game field and tear it up before we even have our first game on it.. Also the practice field is in such bad shape from all the rain and has water standing in places and couldnt have it there so it was best to move it.

Except for the fans planning on friday night, and having to work saturday.