Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preseason Rankings Class 3A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone know the Catspause or another source with listed polls and rankings if so plz post.
Anyone got the Catspause 3A District 8 Rankings?
ttt
1)central or breahitt
2) which ever one of the number ones that not numb 1
3)prob give the nod to belfry
4-10 can be a toss up,e-town,paducah,sheldon clark, russell,mason,union county,and not sure on number 10....this is just me waht does everone else think
my Guess is:

1) Central
2)Breathitt
3)Union
4)Belfry
5) anything from here.
1) Central
2)Breathitt
3)Belfry
4)Sheldon Clark
5)Mason Co.
The rest to close to call.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:1) Central
2)Breathitt
3)Belfry
4)Sheldon Clark
5)Mason Co.
The rest to close to call.

Mason??????
From what I have gathered:

1. Lou. Central

2. Breathitt County

3. Belfry
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Union County

6. Russell
7. Elizabethtown
8. Somerset
9. North Oldham
10. Mason County

Each space is indicative of a drop off.
UCFB Wrote:my Guess is:

1) Central
2)Breathitt
3)Union
4)Belfry
5) anything from here.

no way union is over belfry, they may be 7,8,9,10, no way that high
at THE very LEAST union is 4th preseason, and will go up as the season progresses.
i think that we( sheldon clark) need to prove ourselves aginst the elite teams of the mtns before we get ranked in top four. But i do think that we will.
Why do you think Union should be
ranked #4 preseason
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Why do you think Union should be
ranked #4 preseason

Union returns 17 starters and has people just as good to replace the seniors we lost. Also alot of people came out this year that didnt in the past. We made it to the Final Four and scored more against central than any other 3A team except elizibeth town wit the same 21 points. We have a new coach who is taking the steps to build a program. Our quarterback and running back both had 2000yards or more. We have near 20 juniors and 10 seniors returning. What does belfry and sheldon clark have better than we do to be ranked 3rd? with the exception that belfry is a top porgram, but this year they lost alot. along with everyone else in 3A except union. All around we have the play makers and a new attitude.
UCFB Wrote:Union returns 17 starters and has people just as good to replace the seniors we lost. Also alot of people came out this year that didnt in the past. We made it to the Final Four and scored more against central than any other 3A team except elizibeth town wit the same 21 points. We have a new coach who is taking the steps to build a program. Our quarterback and running back both had 2000yards or more. We have near 20 juniors and 10 seniors returning. What does belfry and sheldon clark have better than we do to be ranked 3rd? with the exception that belfry is a top porgram, but this year they lost alot. along with everyone else in 3A except union. All around we have the play makers and a new attitude.
ok great offensive opinions now lets hear some defensive??? how many did centrtal score on you what atheletes do you have on defense
I wasn't throwing off on Union sounds
like they should be pretty good this year.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:ok great offensive opinions now lets hear some defensive??? how many did centrtal score on you what atheletes do you have on defense

Defensively we return our whole linebackers, safetys, and corner backs. we loose a few up front but have the people to replace them, alot of which saw a good amount of playing time. we loose 1 linebacker. Our defense should be strong this year, we have a new set up, which allows our defense ends and linebackers to gain more pressure. Central scored alot on us. it was all in huge spurts of speed and crazy plays, those boys were fast, but we are prepared for that now. We should come out strong and give them one **** of a game this year on both sides of the game.

Also we have a Very strong specialities team this year, our kicker can make accurate 35-45 yard field goals, and the guy for kick off can reach the inzone at times. our punter is back this year for his 3rd year ina row, and we have alot of speed for the return teams.

Overall, we should be able to compete with the likes of central, they lost their entire defense almost. Their offense will be stacked, but so will ours. And if all goes well they will come down to the land of corn this year for a brawl. Anyways we shall see.
well sounds like union is coming to play this year guess we see you in the playoff's
bobcatlunatik Wrote:well sounds like union is coming to play this year guess we see you in the playoff's

dont count your chickens before they hatch like belfry did last year
cuppett777 Wrote:dont count your chickens before they hatch like belfry did last year
im not we jus have a team twice as good as last years and everyone else lost there good players
bobcatlunatik Wrote:im not we jus have a team twice as good as last years and everyone else lost there good players

like to see you and belfry again in the semis four the 3rd year in a row
cuppett777 Wrote:like to see you and belfry again in the semis four the 3rd year in a row

You will if you can get by Sheldon Clark.
BOBCAT Wrote:You will if you can get by Sheldon Clark.

LMAO... Oh ye of little faith!!!
cuppett777 Wrote:like to see you and belfry again in the semis four the 3rd year in a row
belfry will have to fight there way there.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From what I have gathered:

1. Lou. Central

2. Breathitt County

3. Belfry
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Union County

6. Russell
7. Elizabethtown
8. Somerset
9. North Oldham
10. Mason County

Each space is indicative of a drop off.

I agree with these rankings. Louisville Central is clearly the team to beat statewide while Breathitt is clearly the team to beat in the East. I would say that Mason County is the favorite in Russell's district this year, but it could go either way, much like Belfry and Sheldon Clark.