Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Individual Rushing Stats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those that may be curious:

UPDATED BELFRY RUNNING BACK STATS PER NEWS-EXPRESS

12 games played

Season
FB May (Soph)- 135 carries, 998 yds, 7.4 yds per carry, 14 TD
HB Chapman (Jr)- 79 carries, 1105 yards, 14 yds. per carry, 12 TD
HB Maynard (Sr)- 96 carries, 959 yards, 10 yards per carry, 31 TD (19 Rush TD, 2 Rec. TD, 8 KR TD, 2 Def TD), 8 INT.

May is 2 yards away from 1,000 and Maynard is 41 yards away....
That's unbelievable...I'll be completely honest...I didn't think Belfry would have much this season after losing both Howard and Jones. I knew Coach Haywood would have them compteing, but not like they are. Has there ever been a team with three 1,000-yard rushers? I can't remember it. Belfry has done an excellent all-around job this season...both offensively and defensively. Good luck Pirates!!! Bring the Title back home to East KY again!!!!!
Looks like there's a good chance Belfry could have three 1,000 yard rushers by the time this year is over, and from the looks of their stats, they have a very balanced running game.
Had Belfry not had so many blowout this season (ie Magoffin, Pike Central, East Ridge, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, and Pburg)... then not only would Belfry already have three 1,000 yard rushers..but possibly three 1,500 yard rushers.

The thing that is most fascinating is that although this backfield has been so superb this may be the most underrated and unknown backfield Belfry has had in recent memory. I still contend that Matt Maynard is quite possibly the best all-around player (not college potential) in AA football. Yet, if you get away from the message board you will see noone knows about these kids.
orisonspi Wrote:Had Belfry not had so many blowout this season (ie Magoffin, Pike Central, East Ridge, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, and Pburg)... then not only would Belfry already have three 1,000 yard rushers..but possibly three 1,500 yard rushers.

The thing that is most fascinating is that although this backfield has been so superb this may be the most underrated and unknown backfield Belfry has had in recent memory. I still contend that Matt Maynard is quite possibly the best all-around player (not college potential) in AA football. Yet, if you get away from the message board you will see noone knows about these kids.

If Micah Johnson wasn't in AA I might agree with you, but I think Matt IS the best-all around football player in EKY right now.

When you go down state things are a little different, but I would match him up with just about anybody.
HappyGilmore Wrote:If Micah Johnson wasn't in AA I might agree with you, but I think Matt IS the best-all around football player in EKY right now.

When you go down state things are a little different, but I would match him up with just about anybody.
Now that I think of it I would agree with you... I compeltely forgot that Johnson also is a superstar running back. We all know he is the greatest athletic talent in the state in terms of college potential.

Thus, Matt Maynard is the second best player in the state in 2A IMO... the kid just does so many things and can change the game at any point whether on defense, offense, or special teams.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Has there ever been a team with three 1,000-yard rushers? I can't remember it.

Ashland in 1990.

Chris Hutt, Charlie Johnson, and Juan Thomas all had over 1000 yards. QB David Brown also had over 900 yards.
Bell Co, a couple years back had three 1,000 yard rushers, 2002 season I believe.
incredible stats by all 3 of belfry's backs
its easy to keep churning out 1000 yard backs every year when you consistantly have the kind of hogs belfry has on that offensive line. if i'm not mistaken most of those kids have not only made two trips to louisville but also played alot while there. and some will be back to play again next year. thats right some played as freshman...
nice stats
sheldon clark might have had some in the late 90's
ben delong and moe spradlin both had over a thousand there senior year but i don't know about brian porter the fb he was up there
I was the greatest Wrote:sheldon clark might have had some in the late 90's
ben delong and moe spradlin both had over a thousand there senior year but i don't know about brian porter the fb he was up there

I thought Nathan Harless was the FB.
1978 Paintsville Tigers

BJ Ward 1200+ yards
David LeMaster 1000+ yards
Don Jarrell 850+ yards
Mark Stafford 250+ yards

Reserves:
Jerry Runyon, Darrell Pugh, John Doug Miller all had over 400 yards.

Those rushing yards might even be low.

This was the team that was undefeated going to the state championship game. Fort Campbell beat us 15-13. If Jarrell hadn't busted his ankle on the first play, Paintsville would have won. Jarrell did not play offense that game.