Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tracking the Stimulus: How much will it cost you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090...+Good+luck

ummm, does it make sense to spend $18MM to keep a website updated?

Despite assurances from the Obama Administration that stimulus spending would be fully transparent, the system for tracking stimulus spending is fractured, redundant and disorganized.

The system is such a mess that the federal government announced this week that it's spending $18 million just to revamp its Recovery.gov web site.

To which U.S. Rep. John Boehner, R-West Chester, told reporters: "This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. They've spent stimulus money to create this web site, it doesn't work very well, and now they want $18 million more to track how this wasted money is being wasted."

Congressional leaders spent much of last week debating whether the stimulus has created any new jobs - or whether it's too soon to tell
Personally I don't think they want it to be transparent, even if they spend another 18 million. Much of the monies that have been appropraited for saving mice, trutle crossings, pig oders and such have been buried so deep they may never surface.

Amazingly some in DC are already talking about preparing another stimulus package, because they say this one doesn't seem to be working. To date they have spent approximately 20% of $787B package approved in Feb. seems to me that it's way to early to be talking about another stimulus package.