Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Milwaukee Bucks 65 - Dallas Mavericks 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final good showing by Meeks
6-9 14 points

[URL="http://www.nba.com/summerleague2009/players/index.jsp?player=jodie_meeks"]
[/URL]
hope he does well
Sounds like he did pretty good.
Yea I watched the game he shot very well and played good he just didnt get enough shots he had a couple players on his team that shot their arms off but the announcers said after the game that Meeks stood out more then anybody...
Don't mean to rain on the Meeks parade, but this is basically for the "JV" type players or young players. The real starters and main players don't play and so Meeks was not playing against true NBA competition. None of the NBA teams' starters or rotation players play in the summer league.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Don't mean to rain on the Meeks parade, but this is basically for the "JV" type players or young players. The real starters and main players don't play and so Meeks was not playing against true NBA competition. None of the NBA teams' starters or rotation players play in the summer league.

True. But, you are still doing something to go 6-9 with 14 points playing against players that could possibly be NBA players.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Don't mean to rain on the Meeks parade, but this is basically for the "JV" type players or young players. The real starters and main players don't play and so Meeks was not playing against true NBA competition. None of the NBA teams' starters or rotation players play in the summer league.

This is a good point. However I think everyone would agree that it is exciting to see Meeks making the most of the oppurtunity that he has right now. Hopefully he continues to see the floor a lot and play well. At this point, thats all he can do and just hope he catches a break or two to make it to the big show.
This was a nice outing by Jodie. Regardless of the comments, you still have to put the ball in the basket, and that is exactly what he did.

He was playing against the other draft picks of Milwaukee and Dallas and he played better than any of them, including the ones that were drafted ahead of him.
Stardust Wrote:This was a nice outing by Jodie. Regardless of the comments, you still have to put the ball in the basket, and that is exactly what he did.

Exactly. :Thumbs:
everyone who gets drafted plays in this league but this is where they show how good they actually are against the same draftees. basically he show that he can out shoot most but we already knew that. anyone know the stats on jennins too?
beasy_bo Wrote:everyone who gets drafted plays in this league but this is where they show how good they actually are against the same draftees. basically he show that he can out shoot most but we already knew that. anyone know the stats on jennins too?

He and Joe Alexander both stunk it up. I believe they both shot below 25% combined, maybe even worse...
It was a good showing by him. You have to start somewhere. He did outplay those who were drafted ahead of him. If he is standing out now then it improves his chances of seeing the court later. I would love to see him make a name for himself in the NBA. Regardless, I am proud to see another Wildcat in the league.
alterEGO Wrote:It was a good showing by him. You have to start somewhere. He did outplay those who were drafted ahead of him. If he is standing out now then it improves his chances of seeing the court later. I would love to see him make a name for himself in the NBA. Regardless, I am proud to see another Wildcat in the league.

Great post:Thumbs: