Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Upcoming Sophomores in 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you feel are some of the best upcoming Sophomores. Here is my top five in no certain order.

Kendall Noble - Breathitt County
Erica Meade - Letcher Central
Haley Whitaker - Letcher Central
Tamara Crawford - Leslie County
Tie: Peyton Wright - Owsley County/Kelsie Jacobs - Knott County
Kendall Noble and Peyton Wright are the two horses in this class. They are in a different league than the other members of this group.
tabitha frasiure from hazard.
There is Kendell and then everyone else. She is head and shoulders over anyone in her class.
Kendall is freakin awesome!!! she should be the top player in the 14th every year until she graduates!
I would agree with that SK. She has already won it three years in a row, i do beleive.
Lucky7 Wrote:Kendall Noble and Peyton Wright are the two horses in this class. They are in a different league than the other members of this group.

There is no argument concerning Kendall. Peyton will have to prove herself over time when Owsley can start competing with the better teams in the region.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:There is no argument concerning Kendall. Peyton will have to prove herself over time when Owsley can start competing with the better teams in the region.

If you are going by individual talent, I would choose Wright over Noble. Now over all team talent would go to Breathitt, it is easier to look like a great player with a supporting cast that has included, Lutes, Shouse, Moore, and Deaton. Wright has not had the same kind of Talent to support her. So if you are going with a team, Breathitt, but individual is Wright.
Kendall Noble is the Richie Farmer of Girls Basketball. She could have 5pts against Riverside and the team wins by 30+ or she could have 30+ against Lex Cath and the team wins by 5. She makes her team better against better teams. Wright, no doubt a good player but she has 30+ team loses by 20 against Catholic she gets 5 against Riverside team wins by 5. Kendall Noble is a difference maker. Peyton Wright will be a difference maker once she gets supporting cast.
KoJack Wrote:Kendall Noble is the Richie Farmer of Girls Basketball. She could have 5pts against Riverside and the team wins by 30+ or she could have 30+ against Lex Cath and the team wins by 5. She makes her team better against better teams. Wright, no doubt a good player but she has 30+ team loses by 20 against Catholic she gets 5 against Riverside team wins by 5. Kendall Noble is a difference maker. Peyton Wright will be a difference maker once she gets supporting cast.

This is the point that I am making. Kendall and Peyton both have similar stat lines, however who recieves more defensive attention? Do you put all of your defense on Kendall and let Deaton, Shouse, Moore. ETC. shoot you out of the game. No you have to distribute your defense which allows Noble to have more one on one opportunities. Wright does not have the play makers with her other than Turner, therefore she puts up similar stats but with alot more defensive pressure.
How much supporting cast will she really have?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who do you feel are some of the best upcoming Sophomores. Here is my top five in no certain order.

I'm usure if this is a ranking list, but a great list. If ranking them, I'd have to put Haley Whitaker at the top. :Cheerlead
Letcher Central has an outstanding sophomore class. It's hard to pick any of them over the other. If the players learn their roles on the team and don't get mixed up in jealousy, Dickie will have a fantastic season for the next 3 years.
Kayla stambaugh
Donald Duck Wrote:I'm usure if this is a ranking list, but a great list. If ranking them, I'd have to put Haley Whitaker at the top. :Cheerlead
Letcher Central has an outstanding sophomore class. It's hard to pick any of them over the other. If the players learn their roles on the team and don't get mixed up in jealousy, Dickie will have a fantastic season for the next 3 years.

No it is not a ranking list although if I did, right now, I would have to list Kendall Noble at the top. Haley is a great ball player and definitely one of the better sophomores in the region. Erica Meade may be the best defensive player in the 14th region in any class.
I just have to see that it will be interesting the next three years.
What I dont understand is a girl that has won the player of the year twice I do beleive, been the tourney MVP for three straight year, not be on the top of peoples list. She is also one of the best of her class in the entire state. She as in Kendell Noble.
C.Clair Wrote:What I dont understand is a girl that has won the player of the year twice I do beleive, been the tourney MVP for three straight year, not be on the top of peoples list. She is also one of the best of her class in the entire state. She as in Kendell Noble.

Anybody that knows anything about basketball will have her at the top of the list. However, this thread is about best players not best player and so it is alright to discuss other good players other than Kendall Noble.
i think that leslie spencer, another upcoming sophomore from breathitt should make many known appearances in the upcoming year. like kendall, she has height, speed, and ball control. be sure to look for her in the 2009-2010 season.
Lucky7 Wrote:Kendall Noble and Peyton Wright are the two horses in this class. They are in a different league than the other members of this group.

:Thumbs:
Kendall Noble and Peyton Wright are the two horses in this class.
No other player in the region can compare to Kendall. Everyone seems to want to talk about stats. If Kendall wanted to score 40 points a game she could with ease but that isn't Kendall's style. Kendall is unselfish and she wants to get others involved. When Kendall needs to score she does but she is a pass first guard/forward. Anyone can score but what seperates Kendall from the rest of the talent in the region is defense. The bottom line is that Kendall can shut down anyone and she can score on anyone and there is no other player in the region who can compare to Kendall's skill level.
After the upcoming season, she will have to score a lot more points to keep Breathitt at the same level.
That is for sure. She is going to have to take her game to a even more higher level.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who do you feel are some of the best upcoming Sophomores. Here is my top five in no certain order.

i agree
1.Kendall Noble - Breathitt County(best all around)
2.Erica Meade - Letcher Central(best defender in 14th region by far and offence is startin to come)
3.Haley Whitaker - Letcher Central(good all around player)
Sp. class is lodded.
Kayla Stambaugh -jenkins

She leads her team in scoring and defense every game. Might want to look out for her!
[quote=LCCHS_15_xc]i agree
2.Erica Meade - Letcher Central(best defender in 14th region by far and offence is startin to come)
Sp. class is lodded.[/QUOTE

ERICA COULD BE THE BEST THAT LCC HAS EVER HAD
GRIFFIN Wrote:[quote=LCCHS_15_xc]i agree
Sp. class is lodded.[/QUOTE

ERICA COULD BE THE BEST THAT LCC HAS EVER HAD

Erica is definitely one of the best defensive players in the 14th region.