Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Young Guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be some of the young stars in the 15th this year?
Katelyn Newsome of Sheldon Clark and Shepherd of Johnson CentralTongueirateSho
Young guns for me would be Mullins Freshman Valley

Fraley " " East Ridge

Every team is going to have a young player step up, it is just who. These two have been playing varsity a while and are young but seasoned.

Who else?
Bre Fraley from East Ridge definitely has my vote. Coming in as a freshman but already proven talent. Kristina Fields will be a sophomore and she really surprised me with her athleticism last season. If she continued to improve in the off season then she'll be a playmaker.
Quoting ron harrison a well respected free lance writer on younger atheletes in our area..( "The Future looks bright for girls high school basketball across the state of Kentucky") unquote. He was refering to 7th and 8th graders that he wittnessed competing against high schoolers i believe. who knows in the future maybe Kentucky all star teams competing against indiana or whomever will just simply dominate any and all and any college coach wanting to add firepower and sharpshooting and heart to there program will have to pay homage and come visit the bluegrass state to find it!!
Who were some of the names, teams mentioned?
Dear pirate chick..So Sorry to Quote a dang book from Mr.harrison a free lance writer and i might add whos opinion I personally respect as do a host of others as well hold him in high regard it would do his opinion injustice to not quote most of it.
"6-2 Sr. Antonita Slaughter (Christian Academy of Louisville KY) who impressed with her all-around game and long range shooting. 5-10 Sr. Chassidy Fussell (Obion County Central Troy TN) has excellent all-around skills and is a playmaker with excellent court vision. 5-7 So. April Wilson (Manual Louisville KY) was named top underclassman and is a definite star even at this young age. Watch out for 5-8 Fr. China Dow (Christian Academy of Louisville KY)-she will be a good one.

5-8 Jr. Kristen Stainback (Scott County Georgetown KY) displays a lot of heart and unlimited range on her jump shot. When she gets in a "zone" she makes the game look easy. 5-10 Sr. Kayla Thacker (Bullitt East Mt. Washington KY) is an excellent overall player who understands the game. Look out for 6-2 So. Tia Nicholson (Clarksville TN) and 5-7 So. Jessy Ward (Clarksville TN) both young and talented.

5-9 Jr. Megan Cureton (Butler Louisville KY) and 5-6 Jr. Heather Wheat (Butler Louisville KY) play together in high school and were on the same team in camp. Both are very solid players and have a good understanding of the game. There were numerous players who impressed here during the two days and I will have other blogs as well as a complete write-up on the event within 2-3 weeks.

I was also impressed with some of the younger players who competed this week. They, at times would be overwhelmed in the first game especially if they were playing against an upperclassman but it was amazing to me how fast their confidence grew and you could actually see them improve each game. The future would appear bright for the girls' game in the state of Kentucky. Two young players in the state of Kentucky to look for in the future are 5-6 7th grader Alexis Brewer (LaRue County Hodgenville KY) and 5-9 8th grader Ivy Brown (LaRue County Hodgenville KY)."
Ron harrison