Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 2009/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thoughts on the upcoming season for the Panthers? who did they lose and who do they have returning? Panthers went 18-11, lost 1st RD Districts Belfry 59-55.

Dec 1, 09 Sheldon Clark away 7:30 PM
Dec 4, 09 Prestonsburg home 7:30 PM
Dec 8, 09 Paintsville away 7:30 PM
Dec 10, 09 Phelps home 7:30 PM
Dec 12, 09 Rose Hill Christian (at East Ky Expo Center) KY Farm Bureau Classic
Dec 15, 09 Shelby Valley away 7:30 PM
Dec 17, 09 East Ridge away 7:30 PM
Dec 21, 09 Macon County, TN (at Gatlinburg-Pittman, TN) 12:00 PM Smokey Mountain Classic
Dec 22, 09 TBA (at Gatlinburg-Pittman, TN) Smokey Mountain Classic
Dec 23, 09 TBA (at Gatlinburg-Pittman, TN) Smokey Mountain Classic
Dec 28, 09 TBA (at East Kentucky Expo Center) Pikeville Invitational Tournament
Dec 29, 09 TBA (at East Kentucky Expo Center) Pikeville Invitational Tournament
Dec 30, 09 TBA (at East Kentucky Expo Center) Pikeville Invitational Tournament
Jan 2, 10 Hazard home 7:30 PM
Jan 5, 10 Jenkins home 7:30 PM
Jan 14, 10 Phelps (at East Kentucky Expo Center) 8:00 PM 15th Region All "A" Classic
Jan 19, 10 Belfry home 7:30 PM
Jan 26, 10 Johnson Central 5:00 PM
Jan 29, 10 Pike County Central away 7:30 PM
Feb 2, 10 East Ridge home 7:30 PM
Feb 4, 10 Lawrence County home 7:30 PM
Feb 6, 10 Perry County Central home 7:30 PM
Feb 12, 10 Shelby Valley home 7:30 PM
Feb 16, 10 Allen Central away 7:30 PM
Feb 19, 10 Betsy Layne away 7:30 PM
I like the match up with Rose Hill, it will be tough. They should be a competitive team.
They'll be a solid mountain team with the return of their two solid guards Clark & Burchett. Rowe should be improved as well.

Best of luck to the Panthers this upcoming season!
Losing Clevenger hurts. But, the return and improvement of Gatlin Clark and Devin Burchett will keep things going in the right direction for the Panthers.

Pikeville could be a top 5 region team next season.

Best of luck Panthers.
Pikeville will likely take a step back from last year. You don't just lose a player of Matt Clevenger's caliber and not miss a beat. The Panthers will once again have some good outside shooters, but their season will depend on the development of their two young inside guys, Rowe and Cecil.

Pikeville should still be one of the better teams in the 15th region, but will likely duke it out with East Ridge for that second regional tourney berth from the 59th district.
and east ridge will beat them once again
warriors#55 Wrote:and east ridge will beat them once again

That may very well happen. I expect those two teams to have some good games with each other this year.
More Cowbell Wrote:Pikeville will likely take a step back from last year. You don't just lose a player of Matt Clevenger's caliber and not miss a beat. The Panthers will once again have some good outside shooters, but their season will depend on the development of their two young inside guys, Rowe and Cecil.

Pikeville should still be one of the better teams in the 15th region, but will likely duke it out with East Ridge for that second regional tourney berth from the 59th district.

I agree with you here. Matt Clevenger was a huge asset to this Panther team, it will be hard to recover completely from losing him. They have a few guys that I expect to have a great season but getting together to play as a team without your key player does take some time to adjust to. I, too, imagine that Pikeville and East Ridge will run pretty close this season and either have the possibility of going to the regional tournament, as district runner-up of course.
More Cowbell Wrote:Pikeville will likely take a step back from last year. You don't just lose a player of Matt Clevenger's caliber and not miss a beat. The Panthers will once again have some good outside shooters, but their season will depend on the development of their two young inside guys, Rowe and Cecil.

The Tackett Twins were showing a lot of promise in the summer ball camps. They were quick with the ball under the basket and both could shoot the ball. I believe that Bart will use these guys in his offense this season.