Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Basketball Releases Official Roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
# Player Name Position Height/Weight Class Hometown School

24 Eric Bledsoe G 6-1/190 FR/HS Birmingham, Ala. (Parker)
15 DeMarcus Cousins F 6-11/260 FR/HS Mobile, Ala. (LeFlore)
3 Darnell Dodson G 6-7/215 SO/TR Greenbelt, Md. (Miami-Dade CC)
55 Josh Harrellson F 6-10/265 JR/1L St. Charles, Mo. (SW Illinois College)
5 Ramon Harris G 6-7/218 SR/3L Anchorage, Alaska (West Anchorage)
4 Jon Hood G 6-6/195 FR/HS Madisonville, Ky. (North Hopkins)
34 DeAndre Liggins G 6-6/202 SO/1L Chicago, Ill. (Findley Prep)
1 Darius Miller G 6-7/223 SO/1L Maysville, Ky. (Mason County)
33 Daniel Orton F 6-10/255 FR/HS Oklahoma City, Okla. (Bishop McGuiness)
54 Patrick Patterson F 6-9/235 JR/2L Huntington, W.Va. (Huntington)
21 Perry Stevenson F 6-9/207 SR/3L Lafayette, La. (Northside)
11 John Wall G 6-4/195 FR/HS Raleigh, N.C. (Word of God)

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-bask...l-mtt.html
On paper, this is GOOD!!!
Something else that I noticed, Tubby's hands are clean of this program now. There is no 7-0' who can't play on this roster!
Yep, all of Tubby's work is gone, now we can focus on the John Calipri era and cover up what BCG did. We'll just act like Calipari recruited PPat and Miller.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yep, all of Tubby's work is gone, now we can focus on the John Calipri era and cover up what BCG did. We'll just act like Calipari recruited PPat and Miller.

Actually, Miller is a Tubby recruit also :biggrin: He had committed during his Junior year (Tubby's last) :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Actually, Miller is a Tubby recruit also :biggrin: He had committed during his Junior year (Tubby's last) :biggrin:

Well Tubby actually did something right towards the end.
Stardust Wrote:Actually, Miller is a Tubby recruit also :biggrin: He had committed during his Junior year (Tubby's last) :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure Miller commited his senior year.BCG landed him
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I'm pretty sure Miller commited his senior year.BCG landed him

JD, you are right. It was between Florida and UK at the start of the season. However, he committed to Tubby before his Senior season was complete. He had stated after Tubby left that he would honor his commitment, so I do remeber this now.
Stardust Wrote:JD, you are right. It was between Florida and UK at the start of the season. However, he committed to Tubby before his Senior season was complete. He had stated after Tubby left that he would honor his commitment, so I do remeber this now.

:Thumbs: either way it goes, he's a wildcat now!
Jimmy Dugan Wrote::Thumbs: either way it goes, he's a wildcat now!

Miller committed to BG in his first season. Most thought Tubby may lose him to UT like Lofton.
5timechamp Wrote:Miller committed to BG in his first season. Most thought Tubby may lose him to UT like Lofton.

I'm glad we got Miller. I would take him over Hopson.
If you look at this roster, there are only two players that are listed under 6'6" and that would be Bledsoe at 6'1" and Wall at 6'4", there going to be tall, long and athletic.....
I just hope there is someone in this line-up that can consistently knock down the 3 because I don't see a lot of people playing us man-man.... There will be a lot of 2-3 and 3-2 zones played against the CATS this year....
Wow, we got size in every position. Even the backups have size.
Nice team.
Looks to be a very solid roster. Hope they can get it done!
Navajo4life Wrote:I just hope there is someone in this line-up that can consistently knock down the 3 because I don't see a lot of people playing us man-man.... There will be a lot of 2-3 and 3-2 zones played against the CATS this year....

Very good point.
PC_You_Know Wrote:# Player Name Position Height/Weight Class Hometown School

24 Eric Bledsoe G 6-1/190 FR/HS Birmingham, Ala. (Parker)
15 DeMarcus Cousins F 6-11/260 FR/HS Mobile, Ala. (LeFlore)
3 Darnell Dodson G 6-7/215 SO/TR Greenbelt, Md. (Miami-Dade CC)
55 Josh Harrellson F 6-10/265 JR/1L St. Charles, Mo. (SW Illinois College)
5 Ramon Harris G 6-7/218 SR/3L Anchorage, Alaska (West Anchorage)
4 Jon Hood G 6-6/195 FR/HS Madisonville, Ky. (North Hopkins)
34 DeAndre Liggins G 6-6/202 SO/1L Chicago, Ill. (Findley Prep)
1 Darius Miller G 6-7/223 SO/1L Maysville, Ky. (Mason County)
33 Daniel Orton F 6-10/255 FR/HS Oklahoma City, Okla. (Bishop McGuiness)
54 Patrick Patterson F 6-9/235 JR/2L Huntington, W.Va. (Huntington)
21 Perry Stevenson F 6-9/207 SR/3L Lafayette, La. (Northside)
11 John Wall G 6-4/195 FR/HS Raleigh, N.C. (Word of God)

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-bask...l-mtt.html

Class breakdown...

2 seniors
2 juniors
3 sophomores
5 freshmen

It appears youth is served!
The Wildcats should start at least two freshmen (John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins) for the first time since Rajon Rondo and Randolph Morris in 2004. The starting lineup may even have up to three freshmen (I'm thinking maybe Eric Bledsoe since Meeks departure).

MC, you've got it right. Youth is definitely served.
Looks like one heck of a roster. Kinda looks like an all star team. I cant wait to see them in action. With the roster finalized what will the line up be?
Starting Lineup:

John Wall - PG
Darnell Dodson - G
Darius Miller - G/F
Patrick Patterson - F
DeMarcus Cousins -F/C

First two off the bench:

Eric Bledsoe - G
Daniel Orton - C
I'd like to see this

Wall
Dodson
Miller
Pat
Cousins or Orton
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Starting Lineup:

John Wall - PG
Darnell Dodson - G
Darius Miller - G/F
Patrick Patterson - F
DeMarcus Cousins -F/C

First two off the bench:

Eric Bledsoe - G
Daniel Orton - C

I agree, and I think that those 7 players will get the majority of the minutes.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I'm pretty sure Miller commited his senior year.BCG landed him

Pretty sure Miller decommited from Illinois before committing to UK.
I sure hope Cousins can get his head on straight because he can be a great player for us this year.
Aslan Wrote:Pretty sure Miller decommited from Illinois before committing to UK.

Nope, Illinois was not in the picture. It was Florida that Miller had seriously considered, but he had never committed anywhere until he committed to UK.
My line up would be as follows

PG- Wall
SG- Bledsoe
SF- Miller
PF- P Pat
C- Cousins

6- Orton
7. Dodson
8. Stevenson
9. Harris
10. Hood
11. Liggins
12. Harrelson
C.Clair Wrote:My line up would be as follows

PG- Wall
SG- Bledsoe
SF- Miller
PF- P Pat
C- Cousins

6- Orton
7. Dodson
8. Stevenson
9. Harris
10. Hood
11. Liggins
12. Harrelson

Wow, Liggins and Harrelson, whom many were clamoring to be starters last year, have dropped to waterboys on the depth chart.
Yeah, pretty much. With the talent we have coming in, and what i have read about Liggins and Harrelson playing in the pick up games and trying to fit into cals system, its going to be pretty tough for them. Who would have thought that.
C.Clair Wrote:Yeah, pretty much. With the talent we have coming in, and what i have read about Liggins and Harrelson playing in the pick up games and trying to fit into cals system, its going to be pretty tough for them. Who would have thought that.

Agreed :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2