Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tim Lincecum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This kid is unreal !! The movement on his offspeed is unbelievable.Im still pulling for my Reds,but this guy looks untouchable as of now.
Who does this kid play for?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Who does this kid play for?

SF Giants.
He won the Cy Young last year.
I will have to agree, kid is the real deal. Giants are also the real deal as well. Both Lincecum and Matt Cain are 9-2.
His stuff is sick on the new game The Bigs 2.
Agree with everyone, the kid is raw. Only if he would get a haircut lol. or maybe its the hair that makes him that good but I think hes went like 23 cons. innings w/o giving up a run.
He reminds me of the legend of Sid Finch..He will be one of the greatest to ever throw on the mound when it is all said and done!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:He reminds me of the legend of Sid Finch..He will be one of the greatest to ever throw on the mound when it is all said and done!
The thing that hopefully he wont have a problem with is longevity that is as far as his health. What some of you all may not realize is that he is only about 5'10" and weighs about 170 lbs. That's not a whole lot of body mass to be cranking out 95 MPH fastballs on average. When you have the relativley short wingspan that he does that means you have to produce incredible arm speed to create those velocity numbers. He simply does not have the physics advantage that leverage allows you when it comes to producing velocity. He does have very good mechanics, but sooner (I fear) than later he will eventually wear down and wear out because of the tremendous wear and tear that comes from generating the overall effort he has to do to on every pitch. I fear that he may never have the extended career to have the chance to be considered one of the all time greats. There is a reason why the preferred size for right handed power pitchers is in the 6'5"-6'8" range nowadays.