Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity's Josh Sewell Commits to Miami (OH)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Josh Sewell, a muscular 6’5,” 200 pound 2G/SF from Louisville (KY) Trinity High School, has committed to Miami (OH). Earlier in the week Sewell attended Miami’s Elite Camp and had a good experience. A few days later, he was ready to make a decision.

In the end, it came down to two schools: Western Kentucky and Miami. Sewell stated why he chose Miami:

“It is a place I can see myself on and off the court. It is one of the best schools in the Midwest. Miami has great academics with the business marketing degree."

Other schools that recruited Sewell include Ohio, Wright State, Butler, Akron, Miami-FLA, Middle Tennessee State, Dayton, Stanford, Penn State, Bradley, Marshall, Eastern Kentucky, Murray State, and Western Kentucky.

He had firm offers from Miami-OH, WKU, Wright State, Ohio, Akron, Middle Tennessee State, Bradley, Marshall, Eastern Kentucky, VCU, Miami-FL, and Murray State.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2009/07/trinit...miami.html
Miami Sports has just picked up two nice KY athletes for their school
Congrats to Josh and the Sewell family. He is the type of kid that has worked hard for everything he has and his parents have raised him the right way.

Good luck at Miami Josh.
IMO he'll get immediate playing time for the Redhawks, which may have been the deciding factor while choosing schools.

Best of luck to Josh!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:IMO he'll get immediate playing time for the Redhawks, which may have been the deciding factor while choosing schools.

Best of luck to Josh!

Josh's decision came down to two factors:

1. Going away but still close enough his parents could come see him play. (see his final two options: WKU, Miami U)
2. Playing time right away.

I doubt Josh starts his freshman year but he'll see playing time and could possibly work his way in to a starting position if he continues to progress over his senior season and early on his freshman season.
Congrats to Josh! Hopefully he will help turn the RedHawks into a contender in the MAC, like they used to be several years ago.

I think when it is all said and done, we will have several players from the KY class of 2010 playing D-1 ball somewhere. Here's hoping they all represent us well.