Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Glen Beck says we need a terrorist attack to save our country!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Glen Beck, the insane right wing mouth piece is so upset that the pentagon is sending more National Guard Troops to the US/Mexico border, agreed with a guest that the only chance we have as a country is for Osama bin Laden to commit another terrorist attack so that america can provide us with the right protection.

I find it hilarious that this is the same guy who forces out fake tears on his program to show his love for our country. I guess those on the right have a harsh view of what love is!

I agree
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Glen Beck, the insane right wing mouth piece is so upset that the pentagon is sending more National Guard Troops to the US/Mexico border, agreed with a guest that the only chance we have as a country is for Osama bin Laden to commit another terrorist attack so that america can provide us with the right protection.

I find it hilarious that this is the same guy who forces out fake tears on his program to show his love for our country. I guess those on the right have a harsh view of what love is!

If you watch the entire interview you will see what Beck is talking about, it's not that he is against Obama wanting to send the Guard to patrol the border, but because he's wanting to send 1,500 unarmed National Guard volunteers (unpaid) to patrol the border where heavily armed Mexican drug runners are crossing into the U.S.A. everyday. Exactly what kind of chance would these unarmed Guardsman have against the armed drug runners?

Also, they are talking about securing the border to help keep the terrorist, drugs and illegal's out of the U.S.A. Take a look at our country's past history our regulation's were lax until 911, then we began to tighten our security especially at airports and it's very doubtful that the U.S./Mexican border will ever be secure unless we are attacked via Mexico.

The link below is the full interview from 6/30/09 it last about 7 min.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.ht...glennbeck/
Old School Wrote:If you watch the entire interview you will see what Beck is talking about, it's not that he is against Obama wanting to send the Guard to patrol the border, but because he's wanting to send 1,500 unarmed National Guard volunteers (unpaid) to patrol the border where heavily armed Mexican drug runners are crossing into the U.S.A. everyday. Exactly what kind of chance would these unarmed Guardsman have against the armed drug runners?

Also, they are talking about securing the border to help keep the terrorist, drugs and illegal's out of the U.S.A. Take a look at our country's past history our regulation's were lax until 911, then we began to tighten our security especially at airports and it's very doubtful that the U.S./Mexican border will ever be secure unless we are attacked via Mexico.

Once again a great post OLDSCHOOL!!!!!:Thumbs:
Old School Wrote:but because he's wanting to send 1,500 unarmed National Guard volunteers[/B] (unpaid) to patrol the border where heavily armed Mexican drug runners are crossing into the U.S.A. everyday. Exactly what kind of chance would these unarmed Guardsman have against the armed drug runners?

Bull****.
Old School Wrote:If you watch the entire interview you will see what Beck is talking about, it's not that he is against Obama wanting to send the Guard to patrol the border, but because he's wanting to send 1,500 unarmed National Guard volunteers (unpaid) to patrol the border where heavily armed Mexican drug runners are crossing into the U.S.A. everyday. Exactly what kind of chance would these unarmed Guardsman have against the armed drug runners?

Yes I know that the argument was over the Pentagons plan to send unarmed troops to the border, but does that take away from the insanity of wishing for a terrorist attack? I think not. No matter how you try to spin this and make fox and one of your right wings heroes look good, it doesn't take away from the fact that he asked for an attack of innocent American people! Maybe an attack on the mexican border would change our policies there, but just how would another attack from Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda help the situation on the Mexican border?

The "Fair and Balanced" network could have had a panel of guest, or at least an opposing view to give us more rounded look at the situation. But instead they choose to have two right wing nuts talk about America being attacked.

Thanks for giving us the real story instead of only half :Thumbs:
I say lets drop him on North Korea
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Yes I know that the argument was over the Pentagons plan to send unarmed troops to the border, but does that take away from the insanity of wishing for a terrorist attack? I think not. No matter how you try to spin this and make fox and one of your right wings heroes look good, it doesn't take away from the fact that he asked for an attack of innocent American people! Maybe an attack on the mexican border would change our policies there, but just how would another attack from Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda help the situation on the Mexican border?

The "Fair and Balanced" network could have had a panel of guest, or at least an opposing view to give us more rounded look at the situation. But instead they choose to have two right wing nuts talk about America being attacked.

......and you say I spin things. lol The liberals are grasping at straws with this one. First, where did either one wish for a terrorist attack? They stated their opinion that for the U.S. admin. to take border security serioulsy there would have to be a major attack on the U.S. similar to 911. Second, neither ask for an attack of innocent American people. You ask, how would an attack help the Mexican border sitution? Basically just like 911 did, especially if it came from the U.S./Mexican border, The admin would have to impose tighter security everywhere including the U.S./Mexican border at least temporally anyways.

Remember Coach as your favorite and number one political pundit says The Spin Stops Here!!
TheRealVille Wrote:Bull****.

Somehow your response doesn't suprise me, care to explain your position?
Old School Wrote:Somehow your response doesn't suprise me, care to explain your position?
They might or might send trooops, that's not my argument. They will not send unarmed troops of any kind there. I can find nowhere where he wants to send unarmed troops there.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Glen Beck, the insane right wing mouth piece is so upset that the pentagon is sending more National Guard Troops to the US/Mexico border, agreed with a guest that the only chance we have as a country is for Osama bin Laden to commit another terrorist attack so that america can provide us with the right protection.

Glen Beck and his kind with this type of foolishness is part of the reason the Republican party is shrinking.
TheRealVille Wrote:Glen Beck and his kind with this type of foolishness is part of the reason the Republican party is shrinking.

Glenn Beck has the #1 and #5 best selling books on the NY Times bestseller list in nonfiction paperback.

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/books/bestseller/

Also, twice as many people call themselves conservative as liberal. The Republican party will be back in no time with the way the far-left liberal bunch is running the country into the ground at warp speed.

Outrageous statements like your post are common on here because you liberals are incredibly uninformed.
jetpilot Wrote:Glenn Beck has the #1 and #5 best selling books on the NY Times bestseller list in nonfiction paperback.

Also, twice as many people call themselves conservative as liberal. The Republican party will be back in no time with the way the far-left liberal bunch is running the country into the ground at warp speed.

Outrageous statements like your post are common on here because you liberals are incredibly uninformed.

Isn't it at least a little hypocritical to cast stones at liberals being uninformed when Beck often fails fact checks done by media watchdog groups? Everybody spins... everybody.
jetpilot Wrote:Glenn Beck has the #1 and #5 best selling books on the NY Times bestseller list in nonfiction paperback.

Show me where you got those numbers about the twice as many statement. That might be true in Kentucky but not the US. There is no way that statement is true. The US is around 50% democrat, closer to 30% republican. . I would almost say you could flip flop your statement and be closer to the truth. BTW, the republican party has shrunk 5% in the last 4 years.
Quote:In 2004, the Democratic Party was the largest political party in the United States, with 72 million voters (46.8% of registered voters). In 2008, 51% of registered voters, including independents, lean toward the Democratic Party, where 38% lean toward the Republican Party. Also since 2008, Democrat is the majority of the 111th congress, as well as the majority of the House of Representatives
http://www.uspoliticalpartyaffiliations....Party.html

Quote:Americans of every generation are currently more likely to identify as Democrats than Republicans, with the largest Democratic advantage among those aged 18 to 29 (+14) and the smallest among those aged 30 to 44 (+7).
http://www.gallup.com/video/118282/GOP-F...roups.aspx

Quote:Among women, Democrats maintain a solid double-digit advantage in party identification over Republicans, 41% to 27%. In contrast, men are equally divided in their party loyalty between Republicans (28%) and Democrats (30%), and are currently most likely to say they are politically independent (40%).
http://www.gallup.com/poll/118207/Republ...Women.aspx
TheRealVille Wrote:They might or might send trooops, that's not my argument. They will not send unarmed troops of any kind there. I can find nowhere where he wants to send unarmed troops there.

During this report (not sure of the date) Vice Adm. Roger Rufe (Ret.) said "Yesterday the President said we very much do not want to militarize our border".

If Obama were to send 1,500 National Guard volunteers that were armed, to the border. Wouldn't that be considered as militarizing the border? Secondly, if he were to send 1,500 volunteers do you really think they would be armed, when just a couple of years ago our court system sent 2 border patrol officers to prison for shooting a convicted drug runner trying to cross the border illegally.

I would consider this an important reason to secure our borders, this video shows an Al-Qaeda recruiter threatening that one of their fighters could carry about 4 pounds of anthrax through tunnels from Mexico into the U.S. and would kill at least 330,000 Americans.

TheRealVille Wrote:Show me where you got those numbers about the twice as many statement. That might be true in Kentucky but not the US. There is no way that statement is true. The US is around 50% democrat, closer to 30% republican. . I would almost say you could flip flop your statement and be closer to the truth. BTW, the republican party has shrunk 5% in the last 4 years.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conser...group.aspx

Conservatives 40%, Liberals 21%. It's really getting old explaining stuff to you.:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conser...group.aspx

Conservatives 40%, Liberals 21%. It's really getting old explaining stuff to you.:biggrin:

Thus far in 2009, Gallup has found an average of 36% of Americans considering themselves Democratic, 28% Republican, and 37% independent.
thecavemaster Wrote:Isn't it at least a little hypocritical to cast stones at liberals being uninformed when Beck often fails fact checks done by media watchdog groups? Everybody spins... everybody.

Are you going to back up your claim with a link or just hope people accept your post as fact because you typed it in bold?
Old School Wrote:......and you say I spin things. lol The liberals are grasping at straws with this one. First, where did either one wish for a terrorist attack? They stated their opinion that for the U.S. admin. to take border security serioulsy there would have to be a major attack on the U.S. similar to 911. Second, neither ask for an attack of innocent American people. You ask, how would an attack help the Mexican border sitution? Basically just like 911 did, especially if it came from the U.S./Mexican border, The admin would have to impose tighter security everywhere including the U.S./Mexican border at least temporally anyways.

Remember Coach as your favorite and number one political pundit says The Spin Stops Here!!

The guest said that the ONLY chance we had for the defense of America is another terrorist attack, that's pretty much asking for an attack.

If a terrorist attack where to occur, innocent people would be killed, that's how they operate.

The plan for sending troops to the border was requested by Texas Governor Rick Perry ®, who called for 1,000 additional troops to be sent to the border. Obama said he would release his own plan within a few months. Perry then went to fox and cried to Neil Cavuto.

Perry, who last month called on Washington to pay for 1,000 additional troops or federal agents on the border, called Obama's statement "a mistake."

"Washington has been an abject failure [in] defending our border," Perry told Fox News's Neil Cavuto. "I'm not going to sit back while the feds do not do their job."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009...roops.html

I guess this is why Fox felt they had to really start pounding this story.
jetpilot Wrote:http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conser...group.aspx

51% identify with the democrats. Are they conservative democrats? You do realize moderate falls in more with democrats and liberals, right?

Quote:In 20044, the Democratic Party was the largest political party in the United States, with 72 million voters (46.8% of registered voters). In 2008, 51% of registered voters, including independents, lean toward the Democratic Party, where 38% lean toward the Republican Party. Also since 2008, Democrat is the majority of the 111th congress, as well as the majority of the House of Representatives and the Democratic Caucus and makes up the majority of the Senate.
Old School Wrote:If Obama were to send 1,500 National Guard volunteers that were armed, to the border. Wouldn't that be considered as militarizing the border? Secondly, if he were to send 1,500 volunteers do you really think they would be armed, when just a couple of years ago our court system sent 2 border patrol officers to prison for shooting a convicted drug runner trying to cross the border illegally.

Your opinion of what militarizing the border consist of isn't relevant. The national guard are armed.
TheRealVille Wrote:51% identify with the democrats. Are they conservative democrats? You do realicze moderate falls in more with democrats and liberals, right?

No, they are not democrats, they are independents. That isn't hard to understand, yet for some reason you claim they are democrats. And fewer and fewer of them are "leaning" toward the democrats every day, as evidenced by Obama's falling approval ratings.

And still, my main point is conservatives outnumber liberals 2 to 1...
jetpilot Wrote:Thus far in 2009, Gallup has found an average of 36% of Americans considering themselves Democratic, 28% Republican, and 37% independent.
Look at the chart in my link and you will see that the numbers you post don't line up.

http://www.uspoliticalpartyaffiliations.com/index.html
jetpilot Wrote:No, they are not democrats, they are independents. That isn't hard to understand, yet for some reason you claim they are democrats. And fewer and fewer of them are "leaning" toward the democrats every day, as evidenced by Obama's falling approval ratings.

And still, my main point is conservatives outnumber liberals 2 to 1...
The independants lean toward the democrat party. That's the part that isn't hard to understand.

Quote:In 2004, the Democratic Party was the largest political party in the United States, with 72 million voters (46.8% of registered voters). In 2008, 51% of registered voters, including independents, lean toward the Democratic Party, where 38% lean toward the Republican Party. Also since 2008, Democrat is the majority of the 111th congress, as well as the majority of the House of Representatives and the Democratic Caucus and makes up the majority of the Senate.

72 million democrat
42 million independant
27 million republican
jetpilot Wrote:And still, my main point is conservatives outnumber liberals 2 to 1...
If those numbers were right, McCain would be president.
TheRealVille Wrote:Look at the chart in my link and you will see that the numbers you post don't line up.

http://www.uspoliticalpartyaffiliations.com/index.html

I got my numbers from the most recent Gallup poll, and you come back with that...:thatsfunn Go back to sleep, sorry to bother you.
jetpilot Wrote:I got my numbers from the most recent Gallup poll, and you come back with that...:thatsfunn Go back to sleep, sorry to bother you.

If conservatives really outnumber liberals, your president would be republican.
TheRealVille Wrote:The independants lean toward the democrat party. That's the part that isn't hard to understand.

72 million democrat
42 million independant
27 million republican

HALF of them LEAN...your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking...not to mention you can't even spell "independent"...
and your bogus numbers would mean there are almost 3 times as many democrats as republicans. There is no poll on earth that comes close to anything close to resembling anything in the same universe as that.

You are incredibly uniformed, and worse yet don't show any interest in learning...:flush:
TheRealVille Wrote:If conservatives really outnumber liberals, your president would be republican.

Go look at the most recent Gallup poll again...and again...and again...:zzz:
Pages: 1 2