Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 35 Pikeville 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Jumpers put a beating on the Panthers...congrats to Somerset, I will be pulling for you guys from here on out. Hopefully Pikeville will have a good year in the weightroom and be ready to make some noise next year.
Really thought this one would have been a toss up.
Gahh I didnt expect this
wow i thought this would be a close one but pikeville has been up and down this year not with their record but their play congrats on a good season pikeville
good luck next week somerset
the mayo kid from pikeville is a player watch out for him next season
This was a different game until Mayo went out with a concussion.
I'm not sure the outcome would have been different but it would have been a different type game.
Congrats to Somerset!
The Briarjumpers are a good team...look for them to beat Paintsville.
Good luck to both.
Pikeville must have got to confident in this game. Several people had them picked to play in the region title game
Well, this really surprises me ! But congrats to Pikeville on a GREAT season !!!
really tough loss for the panthers, i was hopin you boys could represent the mountains in louisville this year, great season guys and best of luck next year.
congrats to Somerset on the win... and congrats to Pikeville on a great season!
Good win for Somerset. I only wish that Pikeville could of won so that Paintsville could have a rematch with them at Paintsville.
Hate to say it, but I saw this one coming, Somerset is a team that resembles Hazard, except faster and stronger. They never had a chance.
Very disappointing season for the Panthers IMO...Coach Jackson will work the players hard in the offseason and Pikeville will be a faster, stronger, smarter, and better team in 06 and will make a deep run in the playoffs.
PHSFAN Wrote:Very disappointing season for the Panthers IMO...Coach Jackson will work the players hard in the offseason and Pikeville will be a faster, stronger, smarter, and better team in 06 and will make a deep run in the playoffs.
I disagree.
IMO, Pikeville overachieved.
Remember back in August, folks were saying they could start 0-5.
This was not a very strong team to begin with and played very well, especially defensively at most times.
I think this team finished well and the Somerset loss would have been a different game had they not lost Mayo, Sexton, and Harmon to injuries.
thats a shock i thought pikeville would come out on top in this one.congrats sumerset
fox sports Wrote:I think this team finished well and the Somerset loss would have been a different game had they not lost Mayo, Sexton, and Harmon to injuries.
Wow...didn't know that...but I agree, they played pretty well for the most part it seemed :thumb: And I can remember worse seasons than this....AKA...going out in the first round to Middlesboro by freshman year (2001)

Pikeville had to learn a VERY complex offense in a short time. Now with a seson under their belt and the chance to have a spring practice under coach Jackson....the Panthers will be ready next season :Thumbs:
Nice win for the Jumpers... Good season Panthers...!!
Pikeville will look awesome in the 06'
good run panthers
Pikeville should be strong next season.
Pikeville better develop their line!
Pikeville's line will be more than developed by next year!
yeah