Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How good will Letcher Central's Football team be this year.
They were good last year but a couple new additions will make them a state contender this year. They might go all the way.
Jesse Rose will add a nice addition to the team.
Going all the way is a far stretch, but I think we are capable of contending for a regional title. Remember all roads to state go to Highlands, and I think in fairness we still got a while before we get that kind of commitment from these kids. It is there for them, but they have to have the will, desire, and the want to do the little things to make themselves a state champ. Now be that is said I think the cougars are in the right direction. They have to remember that this is a team sport not a individual. The right guard should be just as important as the QB or the running back.
Well said Cougar......But is it true? Are linemen treated the same as QB and running backs. I think the commitment is there from most of the players. What I question is the fact that after school let out, no coaches ever showed up for weight lifting. I have been told by several only a few players showed up but none of the coaching staff, don't know for myself just heresay. I think losing Larry has really already started to show. I believe he done the weightlifting last year along with Ben. I hope the commitment is there by kids and staff alike. Who is going to replace Maggard as the line coach?
Tony Sergent I think, but that is a rumor and not 100% truth. The comment that I made is true, and you have to be a cohesive unit. Once they get that everything else falls into place.