Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top QB's in State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the top quarterback's in the state regardless of class?

Just to throw some names out there:

Will Bardo - Highlands
Brett Durban - Lafayette
Bryan Hynes - Fern Creek
Jacob Russell - Anderson Co.
Nick West - Conner
Lucas Whitt - Lexington Christian Academy
DeMarcus Smith - Seneca
Ryan Moses - Williamsburg
Chris King - Central
Neal Pawsat - Mason Co.
Michael Burchett - Prestonsburg
Antonio Andrews - Fort Campbell
Markel Walker - Holy Cross (Cov.)
Ryan Wilson - Dixie Heights
Chris Muse - Pulaski Co.
I would put Logan Johnson (LCC) up there as a soph. against ANYONE in the state..THE REAL DEAL..And not being biased either. Only time shall tell!
Yea I agree that Logan Johnson is up there too & also Jordan Amis he is a big playmaker at the QB position...
Muse from Pulaski Co.

Russell from Anderson Co.

Pure bread athletes, and very well coached. Not saying the others aren't.
what about haddix fro breahitt?
I think Haddix should be on there for sure. With what he brings to the table running the ball and his throwing power, I think he has a great year ahead of him.
DeMarcus Smith of Seneca is probably the best. He is a dual-threat Quarterback who can hurt you with his legs and his arm.

That's a pretty good list though BCA.
Jade Haddix is a better defensive player than he is a quarterback.
Amis from Perry Central. I'm not sure if thats how you spell it.
The kid from Seneca is the real deal, reminds me of Randall Cunningham with his athletic ability and his ability to scramble
outdoorsman43 Wrote:DeMarcus Smith of Seneca is probably the best. He is a dual-threat Quarterback who can hurt you with his legs and his arm.

That's a pretty good list though BCA.

Agreed..

I also will throw the Antonio Andrews kid from Ft.Campbell into the equation as well. He put on a show in the State Finals.
Jade is just as good of qb as he is a safety, people just havent gotten a chance to see it yet, he was hurt last year with a hamstring that hampered him alot. He is very healthy this year and he will be one of the best dual threat qbs in the state. He runs a 4.39, that will keep the defense honest and they cant key on channing, and he has an arm on him.
Agree that Haddix can and should be helped with the fear of Fugate running the ball with him keeping it and running makes him a huge threat..i am of the opinion he could be as good of Qb as defensive back but with Fugate running it make Bobcats a more a running team Haddix can throw the deep ball and with his recievers(Fletcher and Epperson Ritchie) catching it will make this team a better team i am hearing Bobcats will be about 70% running and 30% passing not going be fun watching them,but should be there in Bowling Green playing fr their 4th 2 A Championship and thats what its all about if you are a Bobcat Fan!!
I thought they were 3A.
C.Clair Wrote:Jade is just as good of qb as he is a safety, people just havent gotten a chance to see it yet, he was hurt last year with a hamstring that hampered him alot. He is very healthy this year and he will be one of the best dual threat qbs in the state. He runs a 4.39, that will keep the defense honest and they cant key on channing, and he has an arm on him.

are you sure thats right ,thats around what david jones runs, i doubt hes that fast...
Logan Johnson from Letcher Central will be one of the better Sophomore quarterbacks in the state
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:I thought they were 3A.

they are 3a, they won 3 2a titles and looking to win the 1st 3a title which will give them 4
Jade ran a 4.49 not a 4.39. I dont believe anybody in the mountians has ran in the 4.3's not even David Jones. Jade is a very good athlete though and should have a good year next year.
Top QBs ( no order)

Demarcus Smith Seneca
Ryan Moses Williamsburg
Lucas Witt LCA
Chris Muse-Pulaski
Michael Burchett - Prestonsburg
Antonio Andrews - Fort Campbell
Jordan Amis Perry Central

Those are 7 off the top of my head with only 2 being away from the mountains. I will also throw Jade haddix from breathitt county in there.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Logan Johnson from Letcher Central will be one of the better Sophomore quarterbacks in the state

Is he Tim Couch's cousin?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I would put Logan Johnson (LCC) up there as a soph. against ANYONE in the state..THE REAL DEAL..And not being biased either. Only time shall tell!

I said it when Whitaker was hired, the Johnson family just hit the lottery. Johnson has the tools and Whitaker knows how to get him where he needs to be, the best quarterback coach in the state.
Jtownboyy Wrote:Jade ran a 4.49 not a 4.39. I dont believe anybody in the mountians has ran in the 4.3's not even David Jones. Jade is a very good athlete though and should have a good year next year.

Jones ran a sub 4.4 but it wasn't until he got to UK and had their strngth training. He was 4.4 in high school and the fastest kid I have ever seen come out of EKY.
The Smith kid from Seneca is the real deal.
Watched DeMarcus Smith play 7-on-7 at UK about 2 weeks ago. Kid is amazing, he can hit a penny in the endzone from 50 years away. Easily the best QB in the state.
Smith and Bardo top of the list.
heres the deal the football we play in the mountains and the football they play in northern ky..its a night and day difference thats y wen mountain teams go to state they get spanked..the boy from seneca is the best there is and theres no doubt to it
JMEWLS Wrote:Watched DeMarcus Smith play 7-on-7 at UK about 2 weeks ago. Kid is amazing, he can hit a penny in the endzone from 50 years away. Easily the best QB in the state.

:Thumbs:
i think you could put brian casey on that list hes the best player on east ridges team and hes a pure athlete