Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class A Region 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rank them

Pikeville
Paintsville
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
Phelps
South Floyd

That was the finished rankings from last year.

I will put mine down later.
I think those will remain the same. Pikeville will meet Hazard for Regional Championship.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think those will remain the same. Pikeville will meet Hazard for Regional Championship.

:Thumbs:
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Allen Central
4. Betsy Layne
5. South Floyd
6. Phelps
1) Allen Central
2) Paintsville
3) Pikeville
4) Betsy Layne
5) South Floyd/Phelps
1 AC
1 Pikeville
1 Paintsville
4 Betsy Lane
South Floyd
Phelps

I predict a 3 way tie for 1st this year in this district.
pikeville, the finally got a ball coach,if they listen they will be fine.
Pikeville
Allen Central
Paintsville
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
Phelps
cuppett777 Wrote:pikeville, the finally got a ball coach,if they listen they will be fine.

100% corrrect .i.m.o.
i think phelps will be the dark horse of all of this
Phelps will be good,,better than last year for sure..you all will see
bac2369 Wrote:1 AC
1 Pikeville
1 Paintsville
4 Betsy Lane
South Floyd
Phelps

I predict a 3 way tie for 1st this year in this district.

IMO...no WAY (sched. strength 5 being hardest)
1st... Pikeville but did lose some key players, must stay healthy injury free, always considered a force in Distict play...5
2nd...Paintsville lost 9 to grad. plus QB (Deaton)...4
3rd...Betsy Layne lost 9 to grad. but still have key players comming back in Nathan Martin, Moldinnaldo,Jarrel,C.Adkins amongst others...3
4th...Allen Central lost QB (Prater) and TE/LB (Dye) but 2 key players comming back in the Crowder bros...3
5th...Phelps only lost 6 to grad. with key players in (QB/RB) Blankinship and (WR) B. Smith comming back. Apparently rebiulding good luck no info on sched...
6th...South Floyd lost 9 players to grad. but some key players comming back in QB Moore and Slone a young team looking to do damage...3

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THESE TEAMS IN 09-10 SEASON...
1.Pikeville-Last year they proved even in down years they are the best in this district. Will miss Harmon, Baker, and Cleary but return 3 starters on the line and WR/LB Clark Keene will be a district POY candidate if he stays healthy. QB Blake Branham, MLB/RB JR Robinson, OL/DL Jared "Moose" Anderson will provide solid senior leadership for all are 3 year starters.

2. Paintsville-will have some holes to fill but I see them with only 1 loss in the district
3. Allen Central-The Crowders are undeniably great but they cant do it all by themselves.
4. Betsy Layne-Has some skill players returning with playoff experience so that should be enough to lock up the 4 seed.
5. South Floyd-Beacuse they are better than Phelps but not by much.
6. Phelps-As usual will be lucky to have enough kids to field a team by the end of the season.
phelps will be in the 3 seed i say
1.Allen Central
2.Paintsville
3.Betsy Layne
4.Pikeville
5.SF
6.Phelps
Ac
paintsville
pikeville
bl
phelps
sf
central fan Wrote:1.Allen Central
2.Paintsville
3.Betsy Layne
4.Pikeville
5.SF
6.Phelps

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
Thanks I needed that laugh.
Didn't Allen Central get demolished in the first round of the playoffs last year at Harlan?
i say phelps all the way
palmer Wrote:Didn't Allen Central get demolished in the first round of the playoffs last year at Harlan?

Yes. I believe the final score of that game was Harlan 46 AC 6
Phelps will be 3.
Wow, phelps beat Jenkins and you think they will be the 3rd seed?
nope i just think Phelps will be good this year thats all..
betsylaynealum Wrote:Wow, phelps beat Jenkins and you think they will be the 3rd seed?

And Betsy Layne lost too a school who has never won a varsity game. Phelps has just a good of chance as Allen Central, Betsy Layne, or South Floyd.
1. Paintsville
2. Pikeville
3. Allen Central
4. Phelps
1 - Allen Central
2 - Pikeville
3 - Paintsville
4- Betsy Layne
5 - South Floyd / Phelps

Real Badman I think your wrong there, I dont think Phelps has near the chance of Allen Central. I do however think they could possibly knock off south floyd or BL. The 4 seed will be a dogfight between SF, Bl and Phelps.
Pikeville big.