Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville vs Somerset Region 4 A Championship (predictions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who do you think will win the region 4 class A title?
I hope Paintsville wins but I think Somerset will be too much at home after seeing what they did to Pikeville tonight. Whoever wins this game, gets to receive a pounding from NCC.

Paintsville 14
Somerset 34
I see Somerset winning also. Would love to see the Tigers pull off the upset. Somerset beat a good Pikeville team. Congrads on a great season Panthers and good luck to the tigers and briar jumpers next weekend.
Somerset
paintsville in the upset by 3
My heart says Paintsville, my head says Somerset...

Good Luck Tigers, But I have a feeling the Jumpers are headed to Newport....
Paintsville CAN win this game. They have to play 4 quarters instead of just 1 or 2 like they did against Pikeville nad Lynn Camp.

By the way the winner might be playing Lex. Christian instead of NCC. LCA beat Beechwood pretty good tonight.
I predict the Tigers come out like they did in the first half tonight, but they'll be able to keep their composure in the second half and win a good one in Somerset...

Tigers - 33
Rabbits - 27
Paintsville by a TD
JKWON33 Wrote:Paintsville by a TD
JK, are you going to make the trip?????
My heart says Paintsville but my head thinks Somerset... it should be a very good game, especially if the Tigers play defense like they did again Hazard and offensively like they did against Evart (which is highly unlikely)... nonetheless, good luck to the Tigers and if Somerset wins, I will be cheering for them the rest of the way !!!
I think that a party wagon may head down that way. We should know something sometime during the week up at school.
Somerset
JKWON33 Wrote:I think that a party wagon may head down that way. We should know something sometime during the week up at school.

I'm all for a half day of school and loading up the pep buses for a trip to Somerset. C'mon Coach Vanhoose what'd you say?? But I say only a half day if you get a number in mind to sign up for the trip.
Somerset by 14, good luck 2 paintsville though
Somerset big time....LOnG bus ride for the Tigers...Somerset by 3 td's or more
You know....you people are saying ' SOMERSET BY 5 TOUCHDOWNS" and shit like that...but you may never know...my **** tigers can probably turn around and show what the hell the score will be so be honest with this shit.....because you just saying those scores because you live close to there or you go to school there....but really, be honest and don't be stupid on here...because Paintsville will probably show what the score will be if our defence plays like they did against evarts...but who knows....
Paintsville by a TD
I think Paintsville will win this one. It definitely wont be the first time they are underdogs in a region championship game thats for sure, and I think this team will step up like we did in the 2001 game.
PaintsvilleFootball Wrote:You know....you people are saying ' SOMERSET BY 5 TOUCHDOWNS" and shit like that...but you may never know...my **** tigers can probably turn around and show what the hell the score will be so be honest with this shit.....because you just saying those scores because you live close to there or you go to school there....but really, be honest and don't be stupid on here...because Paintsville will probably show what the score will be if our defence plays like they did against evarts...but who knows....

Did you just compare Somerset to Evarts in a round about way? If you think Somerset will play you like Evarts did, save your admission and gas money and listen to the game on the radio, because it will definitely make the game easier on you to not see it. A lot of posters have seen Somerset and Paintsville play, so they are making honest predictions. Somerset will be way too quick for Paintsville to contend with on both sides of the ball, especially after something like 5 hours on a bus. I live closer to Somerset than Paintsville, but I could care less. Honesty says Somerset WILL dominate, BMR will end his season on the road. Somerset 41 paintsville 18.
PaintsvilleFootball Wrote:You know....you people are saying ' SOMERSET BY 5 TOUCHDOWNS" and shit like that...but you may never know...my **** tigers can probably turn around and show what the hell the score will be so be honest with this shit.....because you just saying those scores because you live close to there or you go to school there....but really, be honest and don't be stupid on here...because Paintsville will probably show what the score will be if our defence plays like they did against evarts...but who knows....
Calm down now...These are just the opinions of each poster and we need to respect that. Many of the people that said Somerset would win are from the Paintsville area. The Jumpers have been predicted all season to win the region. These people are just stating what they believe to be true and you don't agree. Post what you think, but don't go attacking people please.
Daddy Cat Wrote:Did you just compare Somerset to Evarts in a round about way? If you think Somerset will play you like Evarts did, save your admission and gas money and listen to the game on the radio, because it will definitely make the game easier on you to not see it. A lot of posters have seen Somerset and Paintsville play, so they are making honest predictions. Somerset will be way too quick for Paintsville to contend with on both sides of the ball, especially after something like 5 hours on a bus. I live closer to Somerset than Paintsville, but I could care less. Honesty says Somerset WILL dominate, BMR will end his season on the road. Somerset 41 paintsville 18.

Sounds like some of the predictions made for last week. If im not mistaken, didnt Somerset just beat Lynn Camp by one point? If Paintsville wouldnt have had a bad second half, i would have to say that Lynn Camp would have to say that the score of the Lynn camp came wouldnt have been that close.
paintsville is going to state no doubt in my mind if they keep up the offensive show case that is daniel pugh then noone can stop them paintsville goes however pugh goes single a player of the year if he makes it to state
Somerset in a close one.
MOJO Wrote:I'm all for a half day of school and loading up the pep buses for a trip to Somerset. C'mon Coach Vanhoose what'd you say?? But I say only a half day if you get a number in mind to sign up for the trip.

Don't worry.. this should be no problem... the only thing is we haven't really had good crowds at home (Hazard game comes to mind) so I'm not sure if people will be willing to go to Somerset, even though it is a huge game... I know a lot of the seniors, including myself, were standing at the locker room talking about a pep bus already... I'm pretty sure we could get a lot of the kids to come especially if they can get out of school... but I'm not sure about the other fans aside from the parents...
i hate fans like
Paintsville by a TD.
I've seen both teams more than once.
Paintsville's Pugh is a great ATHLETE but Deaton from Somerset is the best QB I have seen this year.
Somerset by three touchdowns on a dry field...a wet field makes it closer.
I want Somerset to win
Somer Set is winning
Pages: 1 2 3