Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2010 US Bank Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2010 US Bank Classic @ Mason County

Holmes v Mason County 8:00 pm

Deming v Menifee County

anyone have any other info about teams in this?
Strikeout King Wrote:2010 US Bank Classic @ Mason County

Holmes v Mason County 8:00 pm

Deming v Menifee County

anyone have any other info about teams in this?

Not sure what other teams are in it but I know it'd held on Saturday January 2nd, so I'd think with it being a Saturday they'd host more than 2 games?
kywldcat01 Wrote:Not sure what other teams are in it but I know it'd held on Saturday January 2nd, so I'd think with it being a Saturday they'd host more than 2 games?

not for sure but i think the Holmes/Mason Co. game is gonna be a boy/girl DH.
Strikeout King Wrote:not for sure but i think the Holmes/Mason Co. game is gonna be a boy/girl DH.

Thanks...so I take it the schedule would look something like this?

Menifee v Deming 4:00
Mason Co girls v TBA 6:00
Holmes v Mason Co 8:00
kywldcat01 Wrote:Thanks...so I take it the schedule would look something like this?

Menifee v Deming 4:00
Mason Co girls v TBA 6:00
Holmes v Mason Co 8:00

welcome and a game at 2. if i find out anything else ill be sure to let every one know
Deming still has the King twins. That will be a fun team to watch.
Stardust Wrote:Deming still has the King twins. That will be a fun team to watch.

how good is Deming?
I think this should be a great day for basketball. Holmes v Mason Co is well worth the price of admission and I'd expect there to be a full house since it's on a Saturday night and somewhat centrally located..

The past two state champions going at it in the fieldhouse...doesn't get much better than that.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I think this should be a great day for basketball. Holmes v Mason Co is well worth the price of admission and I'd expect there to be a full house since it's on a Saturday night and somewhat centrally located..

The past two state champions going at it in the fieldhouse...doesn't get much better than that.

that place will be packed and a rocking. i hope they show it on tv
Strikeout King Wrote:how good is Deming?

Deming is solid. They have the King twins, going into their Jr year, but both have been starting since they have been in the 7th grade. The twins are very good. I'm pretty sure the surrounding group is similar in age, so these kids have grown up together on the court. I would assume they will be competitive with mast anyone they face. Not much size, but can shoot the ball. A poor mans Elliott Co.
Stardust Wrote:Deming is solid. They have the King twins, going into their Jr year, but both have been starting since they have been in the 7th grade. The twins are very good. I'm pretty sure the surrounding group is similar in age, so these kids have grown up together on the court. I would assume they will be competitive with mast anyone they face. Not much size, but can shoot the ball. A poor mans Elliott Co.

thanks for the info SD. Deming should blow Menifee County out of the gym!!
Stardust Wrote:Deming is solid. They have the King twins, going into their Jr year, but both have been starting since they have been in the 7th grade. The twins are very good. I'm pretty sure the surrounding group is similar in age, so these kids have grown up together on the court. I would assume they will be competitive with mast anyone they face. Not much size, but can shoot the ball. A poor mans Elliott Co.

A poor man's Elliott County, not quite.

Elliott's worst starter Chris Knipp would be Demings Best player, maybe 2nd behind Kyle King.

The only comparison between these two teams is they both have a set of twins on them and they are in the All A, other than that nothing. Elliott played in three sweet 16's.

Elliott County had two division 1 players in Knipp & Evan Faulkner. Ethan Faulkner and Ferguson both had divison 1 offers and turned them down. Deming doesn't have anyone that will go bigger than NAIA. The King's are nice players and will receive free educations.
Going to be some great games