Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anyone cooking out today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The menu here is as follows:

A 4lb Marinated Pork Tenderloin and a 4lb Chicken are going in the smoker about noon.

Cabbage Casserole
Baked Beans
Potato Skins
Spinach Salad
Cheddar Bay biscuit clones. (just like Red Lobster)

Dessert is a strawberry shortcake

and to wash it down your choice of water, Sweet Tea or Ice Cole Miller Lite.
Okay, what time are WE eating, Midee Big Grin
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Okay, what time are WE eating, Midee Big Grin

About 5 o'clock. Are you up to traveling that far?:biggrin:
Midee1 Wrote:About 5 o'clock. Are you up to traveling that far?:biggrin:

For that kind of food, I WILL!
I concur!
Stardust Wrote:For that kind of food, I WILL!
Stardust Wrote:For that kind of food, I WILL!

I tried to get my son to travel down from your area but he had to do laundry.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:I concur!

Come on up. It will be ready around 5. That gives you 4 hours to get here.:biggrin:
Midee1 Wrote:I tried to get my son to travel down from your area but he had to do laundry.

Come on up. It will be ready around 5. That gives you 4 hours to get here.:biggrin:

So he has no desire to come back east??? :biggrin:

I will have to invite him to be our guest some time. :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:So he has no desire to come back east??? :biggrin:

I will have to invite him to be our guest some time. :Thumbs:

He's coming back East next weekend. I think you darn northern Kentuckians are ruining him.:moon:
Midee1 Wrote:He's coming back East next weekend. I think you darn northern Kentuckians are ruining him.:moon:

We are FIXING him. If he is only only home on the Holiday's, sounds to me like we are doing a really good job. I bet he doesn't talk funny anymore more either???? :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:We are FIXING him. If he is only only home on the Holiday's, sounds to me like we are doing a really good job. I bet he doesn't talk funny anymore more either???? :biggrin:

Actually he only comes home on the holidays because he works full time and is taking summer classes in order to graduate with his first degree next May.

As for talking funny.......:moon::moon::tongue:
Midee1 Wrote:The menu here is as follows:

A 4lb Marinated Pork Tenderloin and a 4lb Chicken are going in the smoker about noon.

Cabbage Casserole
Baked Beans
Potato Skins
Spinach Salad
Cheddar Bay biscuit clones. (just like Red Lobster)

Dessert is a strawberry shortcake

and to wash it down your choice of water, Sweet Tea or Ice Cole Miller Lite.
Probably been napping since 6:00 if dinner was at 5:00. I know people in Flatwwods. Banfields.
Midee1 Wrote:Actually he only comes home on the holidays because he works full time and is taking summer classes in order to graduate with his first degree next May.

As for talking funny.......:moon::moon::tongue:

:biggrin:
this is some funny stuff. I've made fun of people talking before outside the state. (cousins live in Virginia). But you guys take the cake.
My family will cook out later today.
There isn't a day that I don't cookout anymore...
It's raining, so no.
Just got done with some steaks and baked potatoes. It hit the spot. Time for a nap and back to church tonight.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:There isn't a day that I don't cookout anymore...
I grill out about 4 days a week. I did grill out for the inlaws last night when they came over to watch the fireworks. My house is great at fireworks time, I don't have to leave to get a front row view.
ComfortEagle Wrote:It's raining, so no.
Since my grill is on my screened in back porch, I grill out rain, shine, sleet or snow. Actually, I prefer to grill out in the fall and winter when it's cooler.
TheRealVille Wrote:Since my grill is on my screened in back porch, I grill out rain, shine, sleet or snow. Actually, I prefer to grill out in the fall and winter when it's cooler.

A grill on the porch is better than one in the yard. I grill year round also. Like having another kitchen.
Eagle Dad 2014 and his ball & chain are coming over and were grillin hot dogs.
bigjim4packers Wrote:Eagle Dad 2014 and his ball & chain are coming over and were grillin hot dogs.
You forgot the "bottomless pit" will be there too & that's Mrs. Ball and Chain too you! Hot dogs & smoked sausage on the grill sounds good. bigjim4packers is making the hot dog sauce, I'll let you know how he does.:Thumbs:
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:You forgot the "bottomless pit" will be there too & that's Mrs. Ball and Chain too you! Hot dogs & smoked sausage on the grill sounds good. bigjim4packers is making the hot dog sauce, I'll let you know how he does.:Thumbs:

Mrs. Bigjim4packers made the sauce and it was good. I do however regret to inform eagledad2014 that after they left Mrs. bigjim4packers made her famous no-bake cookies.

Man, a little rain won't hurt you...
Awwww, come on...a little rain never hurt anyone. Toughen up a lil.
Ah..Come on CHAMP..A little rain never hurt anybody..I PROMISE YOU WILL DRYTongueirateSho
I grilled in the rain this one time. It was more fun the dry times.

Wont hurt ya man. Go for it:Thumbs: