Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sen. John Ensign admits to extramarital affair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:LAS VEGAS - Republican Sen. John Ensign of Nevada, a leading conservative mentioned as a potential presidential candidate, admitted Tuesday he had an extramarital affair with a woman who was a member of his campaign staff.
Quote:No plans to resign
Ensign made it clear he did not plan to resign. Ensign did not participate earlier Tuesday in a Senate vote concerning the ailing travel industry, an unusual absence considering the topic's relevance in his home state.
Quote:Was critical of ex-Sen. Larry Craig
He had been highly critical of former Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, who served in Congress for a quarter-century when he was arrested in an airport bathroom sex sting. Ensign stopped short of urging him to resign but suggested strongly that he should.

"I wouldn't put myself hopefully in that kind of position, but if I was in a position like that, that's what I would do," Ensign said. "He's going to have to answer that for himself." In the end, Craig served out his term.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31393932/ns/..._politics/

BTW, he also called for Clinton to resign during his scandal.
I am of the mind that it is his family and his business what he does, but I find it ironic that he called for the other two politicians to step down for the same offense.
Hey , have you not realized that whether, they are far left, far right, middle of the road, liberal or conservative, these people that are in office are a bunch of scum bags, and as honest, hard working, americans that vote their sorry butts into office, we should call for them to step down from the office that we put them in..... all these guys need to keep it in their pants, and do the job they were voted in to do jmo!!!!!!!!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:Hey , have you not realized that whether, they are far left, far right, middle of the road, liberal or conservative, these people that are in office are a bunch of scum bags, and as honest, hard working, americans that vote their sorry butts into office, we should call for them to step down from the office that we put them in..... all these guys need to keep it in their pants, and do the job they were voted in to do jmo!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I do realize is that it isn't our business what they do in their private lives, as long as they aren't breaking the law doing it. If these politicians want extra-marital sex, it's none of our business. That's between them and God and their families. I didn't care if Clinton did it and I don't care if Republicans do it. If it doesn't stop them from doing the job we pay them to do, we leave them alone. JMO.
OMG, How could we allow such atrocious and demeaning blasphemy to be posted on a Open Forums site.......

Oh, that's why, it's open forums, thus nothing is off limits.

Great thread Reveille, thats exactly what the site is all about. I'm Glad someone realizes it :Thumbs:
TheRealVille Wrote:What I do realize is that it isn't our business what they do in their private lives, as long as they aren't breaking the law doing it. If these politicians want extra-marital sex, it's none of our business. That's between them and God and their families. I didn't care if Clinton did it and I don't care if Republicans do it. If it doesn't stop them from doing the job we pay them to do, we leave them alone. JMO.

Actually you probably dont realize it , if indeed it is as you say, that its none of your business or mine................ why even post anything about it ,unless your trying to get a rise out of people ????????
lil dog Wrote:Actually you probably dont realize it , if indeed it is as you say, that its none of your business or mine................ why even post anything about it ,unless your trying to get a rise out of people ????????
Because the conservatives on this board are so quick to post stuff about the democrats, just showing that both sides do things. The conservatives aren't without their troubles either.
TheRealVille Wrote:Because the conservatives on this board are so quick to post stuff about the democrats, just showing that both sides do things. The conservatives aren't without their troubles either.

Hey man, Democrat, or republican, there are good and bad, politicans on both sides, yes the conservatives do have troubles too, I dont know anyone who doesn't......... but if something is not our business then maybe we (myself included)should refrain from posting anything about whatever issue is being discussed..
lil dog Wrote:Hey man, Democrat, or republican, there are good and bad, politicans on both sides, yes the conservatives do have troubles too, I dont know anyone who doesn't......... but if something is not our business then maybe we (myself included)should refrain from posting anything about whatever issue is being discussed..

Great post! I'm glad you get it my friend.