Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic Finishes 46th in the Country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out the stats on the National Champion:

Pretty amazing, outscoring opponents 513-69 in a 35 game winning streak (14.6-1.97)
Congrats Knights
I guess congratulations are in order, but I really cant and dont take these rankings very seriously. It's hard enough to rank teams just here in Kentucky. The obvious flaws in that can be seen in the manner in which probably 75% of the KHSCA top 25 just within our own state never even made it to the semi state tournament. Heck, probably half of those teams never even made it to the regional tournament. Even the polls that are created by the people that are supposed to know these teams best cant even come close. In this particular poll, how is is possible for anyone to see all 50 of these teams from all over the entire United States play, let alone a whole voting committee whose responsiblity is to create a 50 team ranked poll, derived from the thosands and thousands of high school teams in this country, when in actuality nobody that votes on this stuff knows the first thing about any of these teams that they are voting for?

When you play in a tournament where it is a one and done format, such as how the district and regional tournament, and state tournament format is conducted, it is possible for the best team in the state to be beaten by a subpar team, that may only have a stud pitcher. Anything can happen in a baseball game. The best team a lot of times does not win. Only the semi-state tournaments are the only time that a series is played to determine an advancing team.

In my opinion, Lex Catholic did not have the best team even in Kentucky this year. I personally think that was PRP, but due to an upset they never got the chance to make it to Applebees.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I guess congratulations are in order, but I really cant and dont take these rankings very seriously. It's hard enough to rank teams just here in Kentucky. The obvious flaws in that can be seen in the manner in which probably 75% of the KHSCA top 25 just within our own state never even made it to the semi state tournament. Heck, probably half of those teams never even made it to the regional tournament. Even the polls that are created by the people that are supposed to know these teams best cant even come close. In this particular poll, how is is possible for anyone to see all 50 of these teams from all over the entire United States play, let alone a whole voting committee whose responsiblity is to create a 50 team ranked poll, derived from the thosands and thousands of high school teams in this country, when in actuality nobody that votes on this stuff knows the first thing about any of these teams that they are voting for?

When you play in a tournament where it is a one and done format, such as how the district and regional tournament, and state tournament format is conducted, it is possible for the best team in the state to be beaten by a subpar team, that may only have a stud pitcher. Anything can happen in a baseball game. The best team a lot of times does not win. Only the semi-state tournaments are the only time that a series is played to determine an advancing team.

In my opinion, Lex Catholic did not have the best team even in Kentucky this year. I personally think that was PRP, but due to an upset they never got the chance to make it to Applebees.

IMO, PRP wasn't even the best team in their region. Bullitt East clearly was.
BlackKnight8 Wrote:IMO, PRP wasn't even the best team in their region. Bullitt East clearly was.
And I guess that your comment is a very good example as to why these polls are somewhat of a bogus nature. Everyone has their own opinions, and there can never be anything concrete as to who is right or wrong.
Wow, does this mean the higher ranked team won't always win?:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:Wow, does this mean the higher ranked team won't always win?:biggrin:

Just sometimes.:biggrin:
I agree, Lex Cath may not have been the best team, but I would have to say that Lex. Christian was the hands down best. I would even rank Eastern, Cov Cath and Tates Creek about Lex Cath.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just sometimes.:biggrin:

lol! I think I'm starting to get it!!!
that is why they play the game. Rankings don't mean nothing.