Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Yahoo! Sports says Shaq trade is a go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Suns have traded Shaq to the Cavs for Ben Wallace and Pavlovic.
What is everyone's thought on this one? I'm torn. I am a fan of Shaq, but a fan of Shaq 10 years ago. I'm worried about his ability to play an 82 game season as well as his inability to get out of the way on a Lebron drive into the paint. The Cavs are already a poor FT shooting team, they will obviously be worse.

Shaq does bring the "Star" quality 2nd player that Lebron needs, but I'm not sure if he brings enough game.
Stardust Wrote:What is everyone's thought on this one? I'm torn. I am a fan of Shaq, but a fan of Shaq 10 years ago. I'm worried about his ability to play an 82 game season as well as his inability to get out of the way on a Lebron drive into the paint. The Cavs are already a poor FT shooting team, they will obviously be worse.

Shaq does bring the "Star" quality 2nd player that Lebron needs, but I'm not sure if he brings enough game.

agreed. i think they brought Shaq over to guard Dwight Howard.
Strikeout King Wrote:agreed. i think they brought Shaq over to guard Dwight Howard.

Pretty smart in my opinion, if you can cut Dwight's points by a few, I say the Cavs beat the Magic.
Stardust Wrote:What is everyone's thought on this one? I'm torn. I am a fan of Shaq, but a fan of Shaq 10 years ago. I'm worried about his ability to play an 82 game season as well as his inability to get out of the way on a Lebron drive into the paint. The Cavs are already a poor FT shooting team, they will obviously be worse.

That's what I thought, but they gave Miami nothing for him.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Pretty smart in my opinion, if you can cut Dwight's points by a few, I say the Cavs beat the Magic.

IMO, it was not Dwight that beat the Cavs. It was lack of a PG. Moe played great in the regular season, but did nothing in the playoffs. By not forcing an uptempo game, the Cavs had to sit back and play Orlando's game.