Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shaq To Cavs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shaq is heading to Cleveland in exchage for Sasha Patlovitc and Ben Wallace. Bron is getting another big man.TongueirateSho
We have four threads going on for this subject, could a Mod please close some?
This is a good trade considering Wallace was thinking about retiring.
id rather have shaq then Ben wallace and pavalvic palavic hardly ever got playing time so need to keep him really and as horrible as wallace is why not go ahead and retire
personally i think the cav's got a steal. they'll benefit alot morethan people thinks. also think palovic will benefit in this style also.
beasy_bo Wrote:personally i think the cav's got a steal. they'll benefit alot morethan people thinks. also think palovic will benefit in this style also.

Really? I have mulled this over and over and just don't see what this gets them. Shaq is 37, can't move, cannot shoot outside the paint and we need not talk about his FT shooting. I see him hindering Lebron's ability to drive the paint. I've said it before, I love Shaq. I think he is one of the all-time greats, but he is closer to a HOF ring than he is a Championship ring.
well he still had 18 and 9 per game. i know that he can't move as good as he could before but howard will not man handle him like Z and wallace. shaq has to be played just like howard. if he gets it inside its 2 points or a foul. thats how they see it. yes he does suck hardcore at his FT's but whenever thats 10 fouls on the other team it helps. i think the team next will be boston again especially with rondo coming around the bin last year.
bb, I hope he can be a semblance of his former self. I just don't see how his body can handle it. I will go on record and say that Shaq does not play 50 games next season.
Stardust Wrote:bb, I hope he can be a semblance of his former self. I just don't see how his body can handle it. I will go on record and say that Shaq does not play 50 games next season.
lmao i hate to say it but i agree
He has got to be better than what Wallace done for them right, and what we will get in the draft is probably a large forward.
cougarpride08 Wrote:He has got to be better than what Wallace done for them right, and what we will get in the draft is probably a large forward.

So get rid of Wallace and bring someone in who can help out. I would not waste the money on Shaq.
I agree that Shaq doesn't have long, but what was Wallace PPG compared to Shaq's?
cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree that Shaq doesn't have long, but what was Wallace PPG compared to Shaq's?

CP08, I'm with you, Wallace had to go. But don't bring in a guy to replace Wallace that won't be any more help than what Wallace was. Wallace's career is over as well. They both need to retire.
Stardust Wrote:CP08, I'm with you, Wallace had to go. But don't bring in a guy to replace Wallace that won't be any more help than what Wallace was. Wallace's career is over as well. They both need to retire.
shaq is alot more help than wallace ever thought about. i mean the guy was still an all-star last year
beasy_bo Wrote:shaq is alot more help than wallace ever thought about. i mean the guy was still an all-star last year

So was Michael Jordan when he was with the Wizards, but was MJ really an All-Star?????

Why is everyone stuck on the Wallace part of this? Wallace never was any help, but brining in Shaq does not mean you get what the Cavs needed. Look, the Cavs traded a washed up vet for another. This is NOT about replacing Wallace...............
ESPN said if they didn't get Shaq they were going after Tyson Chandler..The main reason Shaq was first choice was because he has 1 year left on his contract, and Chandler has 2..If they had got Chandler they would not be able to pursue any big name players in 2010.
I agree with S.D, why trade a washed up player for another one, I hope he does help L.J win a ring............. but I cant see it!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ lil dog, I think both are only in Cleveland for a year and both will be gone.
Stardust Wrote:^ lil dog, I think both are only in Cleveland for a year and both will be gone.

I'd say you are 100% right!!!!!!!!!!
Stardust Wrote:Really? I have mulled this over and over and just don't see what this gets them. Shaq is 37, can't move, cannot shoot outside the paint and we need not talk about his FT shooting. I see him hindering Lebron's ability to drive the paint. I've said it before, I love Shaq. I think he is one of the all-time greats, but he is closer to a HOF ring than he is a Championship ring.

i second that ,they wont win a ring.
Shaq & LeBron might get as far as the finals, only to see the Lakers repeat and Kobe get ring number 5.
Aslan Wrote:Shaq & LeBron might get as far as the finals, only to see the Lakers repeat and Kobe get ring number 5.

You mean the Lakers and their part-time coach
lebron will stay and they will pick up in a huge free agency next year.
bb, I am hopeful. I want to see the King stay in Cleveland, but it will take more than a Shaq signing to get him here.

There is a rumor going around about Amare to the Lakers. If that happens....................
Stardust Wrote:bb, I am hopeful. I want to see the King stay in Cleveland, but it will take more than a Shaq signing to get him here.

There is a rumor going around about Amare to the Lakers. If that happens....................
shaq will be there only 1 year we know this and if amare goes to LA odom will out of a job or gasol!
Shaq will hit the weight room, get in shape and "try to" prove who the real superman is. I think he will make the difference.
bigjim4packers Wrote:Shaq will hit the weight room, get in shape and "try to" prove who the real superman is. I think he will make the difference.

I could hit the weight room, get on the track every single day. Take every supplement known to man - But I am too old to run a 4.4 40 every again. So all the weights and conditioning is not going to turn the clock back on Shaq
Stardust Wrote:I could hit the weight room, get on the track every single day. Take every supplement known to man - But I am too old to run a 4.4 40 every again. So all the weights and conditioning is not going to turn the clock back on Shaq

Lol yeah I have tried all that and and the arthritis will stop you from lifting, the supplements will mess your stomach up, the knees will swell, the shoulders will hurt so bad you cant raise the arms lol, I played basketball wednesday and I'm setting here with a swollen knee, so try as we may, we cant turn back the clock, but if we workout and try to be physically fit , we might die in decent shape lol, so yeah shaq will come in as fit as he can without being in to much pain and will do all he can to help the cavs, but it wont be enough to win a ring, and after 1 year go back to the west coast jmo.........
Stardust Wrote:You mean the Lakers and their part-time coach

Part time or not, the Lakers are still the best team in the league.
Aslan Wrote:Part time or not, the Lakers are still the best team in the league.

Today, Yes :igiveup:
Pages: 1 2