Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: EK Miners Close to Joining the ABA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From Coach Keithley's facebook updates, The Miners are very close to joining the ABA. The team will join a LARGE amount of other teams just from checking the site. There are a lot of teams from all over. This will be fun, create new rivalries, and help expenses by playing teams a lot closer to Pikeville. The team will join the South Central Division where they will face-off against the Bluegrass Stallions (Lexington), ABA Champions- Kentucky Bisons (Owensboro), St. Louis Stunners, WV Blazers (Bluefield), and two other expanion teams from Salem VA and Smokey Mountains TN. There are plenty of teams in this league and would be a lot more enjoyable than the CBA IMO. PLUS, the red white and blue ball. Teams can also be selected to host the all-star game and finals. Thoughts?
I love it. Great idea to get the miners back to playing basketball full time. Go Miners!
Good news for them after such a fast exit.
Do they still play the Flint Tropics? I would love to go see those two teams play!
C.Clair Wrote:Do they still play the Flint Tropics? I would love to go see those two teams play!

The Flint Tropics was never a team.

Flint has had past CBA teams, but none have ever been called the "Tropics".

If this goes through than we will see a lot more talent and players that we are familiar with.
Blackcat, I was joking around havent you ever watched the Will Ferrel movie that he is a basketball player and he plays for the Flint Tropics lol
C.Clair Wrote:Blackcat, I was joking around havent you ever watched the Will Ferrel movie that he is a basketball player and he plays for the Flint Tropics lol

Of course I've seen the movie.

Your post didn't even hint at any humor or sarcasm, so I thought I would correct you.
What? You mean Will Farell is not a real Basketball player????
Has all the deals been finalized?
Stardust Wrote:What? You mean Will Farell is not a real Basketball player????

Jackie Moon!
can you buy jerseys anywhere?
I welcome the news. The Miners were here for such a short time and it's great to see some entertainment come back to Pikeville. This provides jobs for people in the area as well as something to do. Closer teams is great and like someone said, maybe some good ol' rivalries will end up coming from it.
go miners
I agree. What is the website of the east ky miners?
Ive always wanted to go watch a miners game but with the schedule I work never got a chance. Bring them Back!
cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree. What is the website of the east ky miners?
It is now ekminers.net
Thanks, when do you think a deal can be done?
Read up about the ABA and the owner........its a worse situation than they were in..........
Hope They Can Come Back,
After the way they left town, I could care less about the Miners. 4 days prior to slipping out of town, Keathley was announcing the team was looking at trading players and signing players. Many businesses bent over backwards to give them positive publicity and sponsorship while the Miners gave no confidence in return to investors and fans for that matter.

Oh, don't forget one of the ABA opponents the Miners played last season didn't have enough players to field a full team and pulled a player from the stands to help.
jammin' jamey Wrote:After the way they left town, I could care less about the Miners. 4 days prior to slipping out of town, Keathley was announcing the team was looking at trading players and signing players. Many businesses bent over backwards to give them positive publicity and sponsorship while the Miners gave no confidence in return to investors and fans for that matter.

[COLOR="black"]Oh, don't forget one of the ABA opponents the Miners played last season didn't have enough players to field a full team and pulled a player from the stands to help[/COLOR].

ReALLY ? i Would have loved to been that fan
LOl did that really happen?

Wouldn't a arena football team be more suitable to this region any way?
I like that. A semi pro areana football in pikeville would be cool.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:ReALLY ? i Would have loved to been that fan

And that reinforces my point...I'm not paying $10+ to watch you come out of the stands to play basketball...:thatsfunn
That is for sure.