Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BFS (Bigger Faster Stronger)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have used many components of the BFS program over the years. I like it a lot, but wanted to see what others thought of it.
i like that song kanye really did make a good remix.
bigcoachallen Wrote:I have used many components of the BFS program over the years. I like it a lot, but wanted to see what others thought of it.

I like it for beginner lifters. It builds a great base. It really works well for any sport too.
Matman Wrote:I like it for beginner lifters. It builds a great base. It really works well for any sport too.

How is it for seasoned lifters?
Seasoned lifters can be more refined and pick and choose different parts of the BFS program. I use the percentages quite a bit, and have since high school (to some extent). I agree that it is more suited to beginners and is adaptable to any sport. Once you have been lifting for a few years (19 so far for me) you learn what works best for your own body and goals. The plyo metrics that BFS uses are great (ex Dots, Boxes, etc) as well.
Oh boy I remember doing the "dot drills" before every workout.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Oh boy I remember doing the "dot drills" before every workout.

As a former lineman, I hated the dots and boxes. My knees and shins still ache when I think about it.
bigcoachallen Wrote:As a former lineman, I hated the dots and boxes. My knees and shins still ache when I think about it.

I'm right in the same boat as you buddy.
bigcoachallen Wrote:Seasoned lifters can be more refined and pick and choose different parts of the BFS program. I use the percentages quite a bit, and have since high school (to some extent). I agree that it is more suited to beginners and is adaptable to any sport. Once you have been lifting for a few years (19 so far for me) you learn what works best for your own body and goals. The plyo metrics that BFS uses are great (ex Dots, Boxes, etc) as well.

I agree with this 100%. I think BFS is a great system, especially for beginners. It is also a great all-around system that can be used by multiple sports. As the athletes get more advanced, you can pull out some parts and add others to keep things challenging and progressing.