Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County JV Wins AAU STATE TOURNEY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
congrags, to the team, heard seth adams and mikey slone shot the ball extremely well. Wish i could have been down there too see the big wins over some of the best programs in the state. Beat Scott County by 2 in championship.
Congragulations to Coach Cook and the rest of the team.
thats not right other people are gettin the rewards of the work tim parks put in with this group
[quote=Norm Stewart]thats not right other people are getting the rewards of the work tim parks put in with this group[/QU

I see your point, sorta like tubby gettin all the glory for winning with pitino's boys, and unfortunately that's the way it is when a coach chooses to leave, or is forced to leave......
Dont forget they are playing basically all juniors. Most Jayvee teams are playing freshman and sophmores. And yes Tim Parks put a lot of time in with this group, Cook is a suck who should get no credit for anything.
:Clap:
Several of the top teams played juniors. I am very proud of Clinton County who advanced to the final 8 and lost on a buzzer beater or would have been in the final four. Clinton played two 7th graders, an 8th grader, a freshman, and two sophomores in their top 6. You could tell several of the other teams played juniors. When I was in school years ago if you didn't play varsity by your junior year you were cut.
Quarterback7 Wrote:Dont forget they are playing basically all juniors. Most Jayvee teams are playing freshman and sophmores. And yes Tim Parks put a lot of time in with this group, Cook is a suck who should get no credit for anything.

Travis Hall and Mikey Slone will be Juniors this fall..... all others will be Freshmen and Sophomores.
Quarterback7 Wrote:Dont forget they are playing basically all juniors. Most Jayvee teams are playing freshman and sophmores. And yes Tim Parks put a lot of time in with this group, Cook is a suck who should get no credit for anything.

Be nice
congrats again to knott co who is working there butts off this off season at all the games they can play. This is to show you what you have to do to get ready for the season.
Congrats!!!
who won varsity?
the dark wizard Wrote:who won varsity?

Tates Creek.
Didn't know Tates Creek was going to be that good next year. Congrats Commodores.
killerb Wrote:Travis Hall and Mikey Slone will be Juniors this fall..... all others will be Freshmen and Sophomores.

Missed a few bub, might should check again.
But congrats on the Wins.
congrats boys!
Quarterback7 Wrote:Missed a few bub, might should check again.

Who are the other ones, bub?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Who are the other ones, bub?

Blake King, Logan Hall, Mikey Slone, Travis Hall, Nason Roberts. There is 5 juniors. If you cant play varsity as a junior makes it tough on freshman and soph to get good expierence if you play a bunch of juniors.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Blake King, Logan Hall, Mikey Slone, Travis Hall, Nason Roberts. There is 5 juniors. If you cant play varsity as a junior makes it tough on freshman and soph to get good expierence if you play a bunch of juniors.

Blake King and Nason Roberts didn't play basketball last year.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Blake King and Nason Roberts didn't play basketball last year.

So? Whats your point? The state tournament they're talking abotu happened a couple of weeks ago. Dont think you had to play in the season to be able to play in the tournament.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:So? Whats your point? The state tournament they're talking abotu happened a couple of weeks ago. Dont think you had to play in the season to be able to play in the tournament.

You don't say?
I think this basically shows two things.
One is that KC will be a team to be reckoned with after this season. Second of all Coach Cook should be given a tremendous amount of credit for their accomplishments. In the games I watched he seemed to make the right calls at the right time and I think he deserves to get alot of credit for this tourney win. He will surely be a big asset to this KC program.
kcc75 Wrote:I think this basically shows two things.
One is that KC will be a team to be reckoned with after this season. Second of all Coach Cook should be given a tremendous amount of credit for their accomplishments. In the games I watched he seemed to make the right calls at the right time and I think he deserves to get alot of credit for this tourney win. He will surely be a big asset to this KC program.

No he wont:redboxer:
kcc75 Wrote:I think this basically shows two things.

I agree. Why did he leave JBS?
I was wondering that also. Him still being at JBS they would have still been a good team with Collins.
I hope to see the big kid mikey slone play a little more varsity this year. Its kind of stupid to see a boy of his size sitting on the bench.
Congratulations. The 53rd District won both the boys and girls AAU JV state tournament. I think it says a lot about the coaches and players at both schools(Knott Central and Letcher Central).