Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sen. Barbara Boxer: "Please Call Me Senator"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
She's an absolute JOKE
Were male senators being addressed as "Sir"? Or as "Senator"?
thecavemaster Wrote:Were male senators being addressed as "Sir"? Or as "Senator"?

Yes.
How are you, Ollie North? "Yes" to what? If Boxer wants to be called "Senator" let her ask. Oh, that's what she did. Yes, when someone, even a general, calls you "Roy" though your name is "Karl" isn't that being rude? When you don't like someone, any and every thing they do is offensive or idiotic, no matter what. Predictable. Come on, man.
thecavemaster Wrote:How are you, Ollie North? "Yes" to what? If Boxer wants to be called "Senator" let her ask. Oh, that's what she did. Yes, when someone, even a general, calls you "Roy" though your name is "Karl" isn't that being rude? When you don't like someone, any and every thing they do is offensive or idiotic, no matter what. Predictable. Come on, man.
In case you don't know any better, it is considered to be very respectful to call a woman mam. Just as it is to call a man sir. If you like the California left wing nut so well then move to California so she can represent you. Come on, KID.
Ridgerunner Wrote:In case you don't know any better, it is considered to be very respectful to call a woman mam. Just as it is to call a man sir. If you like the California left wing nut so well then move to California so she can represent you. Come on, KID.

Get over yourself. Is this the best you got?
thecavemaster Wrote:How are you, Ollie North? "Yes" to what? If Boxer wants to be called "Senator" let her ask. Oh, that's what she did. Yes, when someone, even a general, calls you "Roy" though your name is "Karl" isn't that being rude? When you don't like someone, any and every thing they do is offensive or idiotic, no matter what. Predictable. Come on, man.

Don't know who Roy or Karl is...maybe their puppy drowned in the Potomac or something. Boxer came across as a pompous jerk. The general who is protecting her dumb *** is the person who deserves the respect, not some idiot politician. 99 people out of 100 can figure this out...
At least we know the 1 that cant Big Grin
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know who Roy or Karl is...maybe their puppy drowned in the Potomac or something. Boxer came across as a pompous jerk. The general who is protecting her dumb *** is the person who deserves the respect, not some idiot politician. 99 people out of 100 can figure this out...
Boxer has earned the right to be called "Senator" if that is her choice, regardless of what you Homer Pubs think you're entitled to.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know who Roy or Karl is...maybe their puppy drowned in the Potomac or something. Boxer came across as a pompous jerk. The general who is protecting her dumb *** is the person who deserves the respect, not some idiot politician. 99 people out of 100 can figure this out...

Boxer asked to be called "Senator." Yes, yes, this is the height of idiocy in Homer Pub world. With that said, she should have let him finish his answer, then made the request.
thecavemaster Wrote:Boxer asked to be called "Senator." Yes, yes, this is the height of idiocy in Homer Pub world. With that said, she should have let him finish his answer, then made the request.

She acted like a jerk. Pure and simple.
thecavemaster Wrote:Boxer has earned the right to be called "Senator" if that is her choice, regardless of what you Homer Pubs think you're entitled to.

Your lack of knowledge never keeps you from speaking. In the military you call officers by sir or mam. In the military you treat civilians with the same respect you treat an officer. Her manner in which she requested to be called Senator is whats disrespectful.
Its funny. When i was a Squad leader and even a platoon seargent i would call my platoon leader Lt. Not sir. Its a way to address his rank and his experience. To me sir was more of something earned. My remark to her would have been to gladdly call her by her title. Not by Mam. That needs to be earned.
Matman Wrote:Your lack of knowledge never keeps you from speaking. In the military you call officers by sir or mam. In the military you treat civilians with the same respect you treat an officer. Her manner in which she requested to be called Senator is whats disrespectful.
Its funny. When i was a Squad leader and even a platoon seargent i would call my platoon leader Lt. Not sir. Its a way to address his rank and his experience. To me sir was more of something earned. My remark to her would have been to gladdly call her by her title. Not by Mam. That needs to be earned.

She asked to be called "Senator," and said it was her preference and that she had worked hard to get there, which seems well within reason. She should have let him finish. What in depth knowledge of military protocol is needed to understand that? You ever lived as a woman in a male-only type club environment? Or, do you speak without knowing?
I dont blame her she earned it. If i were her i would ask for the same thing. JMO
thecavemaster Wrote:
She asked to be called "Senator," and said it was her preference and that she had worked hard to get there, which seems well within reason. She should have let him finish. What in depth knowledge of military protocol is needed to understand that? You ever lived as a woman in a male-only type club environment? Or, do you speak without knowing?

You amaze me. I don't believe it has anything to do with her being female. If it does then she needs to get that chip off her shoulder so that she can perform her job without prejudice. I can tell you this. Its alot harder to become a general than a senator. The sacrifice that goes into that is something you will never understand. And apperently neither will she.
thecavemaster Wrote:

If Boxer were a Republican, you would be all over her!
Matman Wrote:You amaze me. I don't believe it has anything to do with her being female. If it does then she needs to get that chip off her shoulder so that she can perform her job without prejudice. I can tell you this. Its alot harder to become a general than a senator. The sacrifice that goes into that is something you will never understand. And apperently neither will she.

Exactly. Boxer simply doesn't get it and neither do her sheeple...
Hey!

See that Molehill!

Lets make a Mountain out of it!!!!!!!

Mountain! Mountain! Mountain!

Pathetic Puppets.
^Somebody's getting all emotional again! After bashing our last president mercilessly, you'd think these liberals could take a little criticism of one of theirs who clearly acted like a clueless jerk. But no.

Whining Crybaby Sissies.
Matman Wrote:You amaze me. I don't believe it has anything to do with her being female. If it does then she needs to get that chip off her shoulder so that she can perform her job without prejudice. I can tell you this. Its alot harder to become a general than a senator. The sacrifice that goes into that is something you will never understand. And apperently neither will she.

I suspect it has everything to do with her being a woman... by the way, in your discussions of the issue with your enlightenment friends, have you thrown around the "B" word? I'm not a general, nor are you (I assume). However, I don't think a military career is necessary to understand sacrifice.
jetpilot Wrote:Exactly. Boxer simply doesn't get it and neither do her sheeple...

Is it your assumption that in the long history of the military women have been granted the respect of equals? If you would answer "yes," please refrain from any warm breath diatribes on who gets it and who doesn't.
thecavemaster Wrote:I suspect it has everything to do with her being a woman... by the way, in your discussions of the issue with your enlightenment friends, have you thrown around the "B" word? I'm not a general, nor are you (I assume). However, I don't think a military career is necessary to understand sacrifice.

No the "B word" is not a part of my vocabulary. Never has been and never will be. I've been raised by generations of strong women. That has never been muttered by me or around me. Your assumption is correct. But it is not an assumption. I already told you i was a squad leader and a platoon seargent. I however do not believe you can understand sacrifice and not appreciate what out military does.
jetpilot Wrote:^Somebody's getting all emotional again! After bashing our last president mercilessly, you'd think these liberals could take a little criticism of one of theirs who clearly acted like a clueless jerk. But no.

Whining Crybaby Sissies.

Nanny Nanny Boo Boo!Confusedhh:
jetpilot Wrote:She acted like a jerk. Pure and simple.

Yes JP, she acted like a jerk and thats the bottom line, once again your right !!!
thecavemaster Wrote:Boxer has earned the right to be called "Senator" if that is her choice, regardless of what you Homer Pubs think you're entitled to.

She has also earned the right to be called A JERK , regardless of what you think!!!!!!!
I wish some of you would move to the Liberal utopia that is California.........you know the place that is broke because Dims are in control and run it the way you guys want........

She has. That is protocol. I'm not a fan of hers, but protocol is to call a Senator, Senator; Judge, your Honor; President, Mr. President.

We have lost our regard for respect and honor in this country. We feel that we all put our pants on the same way, thus I owe no one anything. That is unfortunate, because that same lack of societal respect has our children no longer saying yes sir/no sir, thank you, etc... This line of thinking, that no one deserves any respect, is due to the tolerant society that we now live in. The same society that has left the teachings of the bible that does tell us to honor your father and your mother, to give Caesar what is Caesar's - which means respect man and honor God!
Stardust Wrote:She has. That is protocol. I'm not a fan of hers, but protocol is to call a Senator, Senator; Judge, your Honor; President, Mr. President.

We have lost our regard for respect and honor in this country. We feel that we all put our pants on the same way, thus I owe no one anything. That is unfortunate, because that same lack of societal respect has our children no longer saying yes sir/no sir, thank you, etc... This line of thinking, that no one deserves any respect, is due to the tolerant society that we now live in. The same society that has left the teachings of the bible that does tell us to honor your father and your mother, to give Caesar what is Caesar's - which means respect man and honor God!

That is true. Very true. However in the military you call a Judge Sir/mam, a senator sir/mam, and the president camander and cheif. Calling someone sir/mam carries alot of respect in the military. Alot. It is her right to be called senator. But she needs to have a little more respect for the officer sitting in front of her. Thats my only arguement. And that mam is not a sign of disrepect rather its the highest sign of respect.
Matman Wrote:That is true. Very true. However in the military you call a Judge Sir/mam, a senator sir/mam, and the president camander and cheif. Calling someone sir/mam carries alot of respect in the military. Alot. It is her right to be called senator. But she needs to have a little more respect for the officer sitting in front of her. Thats my only arguement. And that mam is not a sign of disrepect rather its the highest sign of respect.

Great point Matman, and I completely understand where you are coming from. I have been swayed :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2