Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Browns' Stallworth pleads guilty and gets 30 days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You have got to be kidding me......:please:

MIAMI (AP) -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth began serving a 30-day jail sentence Tuesday for killing a pedestrian while driving drunk in Florida, a punishment made possible by his cooperation with investigators and the fervent wish by the victim's family to put the matter behind them.

Stallworth, 28, received the sentence after pleading guilty to a DUI manslaughter charge for striking and killing Mario Reyes while driving drunk March 14 in his black 2005 Bentley. The athlete also reached a confidential financial settlement with the family of the 59-year-old construction worker.

Without the plea deal, the DUI manslaughter conviction could have netted Stallworth 15 years in prison. After his release from jail, he must serve two years of house arrest and spend eight years on probation. The house arrest provisions will allow him to resume his football career, his attorney said
This is very appalling to me to see how the legal system works. Vick got two years for dog fighting and he get 24 days for DUI manslaughter.
WOW unbelivable
I can't believe this.
This is unbelievable.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This is unbelievable.

It is. It's actually a sad testimony of how law and order is in our country at times. My son was making comments yesterday about how the two guys who ran out onto Great American Ballfield during a rain delay received 100 jail sentences, yet Stallworth kills someone and only gets 30 days. He was even astute enough to say, Athletes can get out of anything. It's a shame. I guarentee that none of us would have gotten off with an apology and a financial settlement!