Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Car Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 99 Ford mustang. And it is giving me fits. Im wanting to sell the car, but Im having problems with the theft system. At first the when u put the key in and turned it on the security light would blink really fast. The car would crank until the battery went dead, but wouldn't start because of the theft system. You could take the key out, then put it back in and it was fine and would start and run perfectly. Now the car has gottne to where taken the key out wont fix the problem. The theft light just blinks constantly, but the car will crank and crank.
I have done some research and the ford products have a computer chip in the key and when you insert it into the ignition the car would read it and send it to the theft system which would allow the car to start.
Im wondering if any one has any ideas or anything on how to fix this problem. Im wondering if the computer chip may have went bad or what. Please help.
Is it a factory theft system or after-market?
Factory it was standard on all mustangs from 98 up from what I have found.
Have you tried either unhooking the battery to reset the computer system or tried getting a new key and having it programmed to the car?
Midee1 Wrote:Have you tried either unhooking the battery to reset the computer system or tried getting a new key and having it programmed to the car?
It sounds to me like thats his only 2 options.
I read the first sentence and found the problem
sherman14 Wrote:I read the first sentence and found the problem

I think the OP was asking a serious question.

Secondly how much exerience have you had with cars?